Item Posts    Sort Order

Drip

Jim Gomulka
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 04/04/14 10:04 AM

Hello to all,
I'm new to the forum and Corvette world. Before I pull the trigger on my purchase of an '09 convertible, one issue exists. The original owner is selling the 'vette which has 10,000 miles on it. At 4,000 miles, he had the car equipped with twin turbos and other necessary mods to the wheels and fenders. When I had my technician put it in the air, we noticed a bit of oil residue on the side of the oil pan. The seller indicated that when Dr. Phil installed the turbos, they noticed that smidgen of oil. The doc said that this is not uncommon. The seller forgot about it 'till it was on the hoist last week. That is because the oil doesn't even make it to the floor of the garage. What I've gathered from research is that the cause of the drip could be a result of 2 possibilities. First, the oil pan and or gaskets could be the source. Second, the rear main seal may be the culprit, for which a TSB was issued to the dealers. In either case, from your vast experiences what do you all suggest?
Thanks  

wayne712222
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 04/04/14 04:07 PM

the only way to know where it's is coming from is with an eyes and hands on examination..

i guess i am out of the loop.. who is Dr Phil .. i am taking its not the TV Doc.. but a repair shop someplace. or a really skilled tech..  

TO TOP