Ad Radar
Item Posts    Sort Order

1984 Windshield Wipers

BSenzina
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 09/17/10 06:11 PM

I just bought my 1st Corvette....a nice 1984.....it has a problem with the windshield wipers. When I turn them on, they come up about 2 inches and then go back down. Any ideas about the cause and remedy??? Thanks in advance.

Bob  

waynep7122
I have an SS396 tatoo
Posted: 09/18/10 05:59 AM

that almost sounds like the dash mounted wiper switch...  it's possible its the park switch in the motor .. but the wiper switch is much cheeper and easier to install..

here is the info on the wiper switch

Duralast/Windshield Wiper Switch
For your 1984 Chevrolet Corvette 5.7L TBI 8cyl
Price:$30.99
Part Number: SW836
Warranty: Limited Lifetime
OEM Number: 10045832

since you are a new corvette owner... you will find you will need a few tools...

a T15 torx screw driver...

a 7MM nut driver...    

here is the link to the wiring diagram for the wipers on your car...

http://repairguide.autozone.com/znetrgs/repair_guide_content/en_us/images/0900c152/80/08/fd/af/large/0900c1528008fdaf.gif

if you look carefully at the wiring diagram... you will notice some strange wiring..  you will notice that when the switch is off...  there seems to be power run to the wiper motor .. 2nd set of contacts from the left in the diagram..  this powers the park relay/switch.. so the motor runs then switches the relay on and parks the wipers as the motor actually runs backwards for a short while to back the eccentric and bring the wiper arms under the hood...  

TO TOP