Ad Radar
Item Posts    Sort Order

1968 camaro daily driver project ideas

williamchris92
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 03/18/14 12:37 PM

Hay all I want to start by saying this is my first project car so some of the questions i ask my seem silly but i am learning along the way I am very mechanically oriented and am capable of doing most work myself but I need some advice from you guys as to what might be the best route to go so I have a 1968 camaro that i bought with a 71 454 big block out of a truck a saginaw 4 speed and 10 bolt rear end the motor is ok but would need some work to get it to the power level i want it to be i am going to replace the trans and the rear end for a trans i am looking at a tremic 6 speed and rear end 12 bolt moser unit not sure of rear gearing yet. I am debating weather or not to rebuild the motor I have (taking it to an engine builder) or buy a new crate motor if i do im not sure where from had heard good things about shafiroff racing engines and there 540 bbc ultra street extended cruise version it will have 645hp and 665 torque as this will be something i drive on a regular basis I am also curious about a 4 link rear end and what about the front subframe I have looked at ride tech suspensions kits and chassis works suspension as well this will not be a track car a may take it to the strip now and again but mostly driven on the street so I am not sure what I need for a reliable car and what might be considered unnecessary thanks guys I know this is long trying to get all the details down know  

wayne712222
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 03/19/14 12:51 AM

have you been following the crusher camaro in print and in videos online???

http://www.hotrod.com/projectbuild/1967_chevrolet_camaro_drag_car/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpQlD-FLZMU  

williamchris92
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 03/19/14 07:41 AM

yes I have I love that show but they went in a little different direction than I wanted so any suggestions?  

TO TOP