Ad Radar
Item Posts    Sort Order

California frame

nwjohns
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 08/25/13 09:56 AM

I recently bought a '57 Belair hardtop. As part of the deal, I also received a separate "California" frame.  I have not been able to find any information on what this frame is, how best to utilize this frame, and if it's worth anything.  

waynep712222
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 08/25/13 11:57 AM

it probably refers to a frame from california... where cars that live more than a mile from the beach.. don't usually rust out..

i am working on a friends 66 fairlane.. its just barely dirty under it.. no visible rust damage any where. a los angeles car its whole life..

don't dispose of the spare frame...

you will want to check it carefully for cracks.. welds breaking.. straightness..

and then check your frame..  there have been a lot of issues with broken and cracked 57 frames..

you can also send it out for corvette suspension modification..  so you can just move the engine and body over.. for vastly improved handling and steering.. but you will still have the original.. hanging on chains on the side of your garage with padlocks. or hanging from the ceiling in your garage.. so it does not become scrap metal when somebody sees it..

one thing.. check the spare frame.. there should be a VIN number stamped into 2 locations on it.   one on the top of the frame rail near the steering box or upper control arm bracket..    then run that number over at the VIN CHECK web site.

make sure its NOT from a stolen car...   if you installed a frame that the vin numbers were on the hot sheet.. you could loose your car . even if the body vin numbers matched your pink slip..  yea.. i know.. but i want to CYA..

now.... if the frame clears the vin check..
it is a great starting point to create a beautiful frame..  as you can get it all done without taking your car apart.  send it out to media blasting.. then repair sand and paint it.. so its ready to swap...

a totally painted frame is a work of art for the wall..  worth a lot more money also..

pick up some ring bolts.. have the ring welded.. mount with nuts and washers thru frame openings to attach the chains to..  

joannakrup
Posted: 09/20/13 04:52 AM

Florida lack of employment does not last permanently. The period of time for your advantages relies on two factors: your advantage season and your obtain the most amount. As of 2011, you’re generally restricted to no more than 26 several weeks of advantages during the season following your claim. Although there are some reviews of 99 several weeks lack of employment due to federal additions, those advantages are not the same as your Florida lack of employment .

joannakrup
Posted: 09/20/13 04:52 AM

Nice post  

TO TOP