Item Posts    Sort Order

Gonna start building from the block up need help!

nathan.oplatka
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 03/05/14 09:18 PM

Hey guys hoping someone can help!

I have a 1981 Oldsmobile Cutlass LS and it has the buick 231 v6 in it and i hate it the rochester dual jet carb is crap i had it rebuilt and still isn't running rite it shuts off if i step on the gas needs to idle for a second before i can hit the gas..

Anyhow i plan to start piecing together a 87 v6 twin turbo buick grand national motor I've been told aluminum blocks and many other parts are highly available! I'm doing this all myself and i need some thoughts..  

wayne712222
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 03/06/14 01:01 AM

is it a feed back carb.. with 2 wires plugged in above the right front carb mounting bolt???  3 wires into the front of the carb on the drivers side..

and a working check engine light..

that would be a CCC computer command control system..  and it will get you great fuel economy if everything is right..

if you have to pass smog.. and or require the over 20 MPG that should get you if its working right.. then reply with some pictures..  i am very familiar with the system. .

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com/sch/02/grand-national/articles/

please.. run this test...

5B016492 Fb58 4E13 B591 224E9461327b Zps1b1571d3

post any codes you get..

you may also need a DWELL meter..   harbor freight sells them for 40 bucks.. LCD Automotive Multimeter with Tachometer Kit Item #95670

since you want to put the fuel injected turbo motor.. that's far superior.. and mostly a bolt in..  

TO TOP