Ad Radar
Item Posts    Sort Order

paint

chevycamaro99
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 04/24/13 07:36 PM

could I get a good paint job for $4,500..cause I darn well know whatever car I get..the paint is not gonna be perfect.....a scratch here and there..a ping here and there..you get the idea....  

Ravoll
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 04/26/13 01:49 AM

Maybe. Will it be good? Maybe.
If you do all the prep work yourself and just pay someone to spray it with some over the counter color, you "could" end up with a half decent "plain Jane" paint job.Is Earl Shives still in business?He would paint any car for $99.95.
I was recently appalled when I read about a guy that had his 2012 mustang wrapped
for 3K.Said he chose the wrapping route cause he couldn't afford a paint job.So nobody can paint cars these days for a reasonable price? Back in the mid 80's we did good paint jobs on cars for 500 to a thousand bucks.4500 bucks was a custom paint job.Looks like now days the paint job costs more than the car.

I found out over here in Germany that it will cost me around 2k just to have someone spray my car.Everything else I have to do.Talk about easy money.If I let them do it all it may run in excess of 10k for a basic paint job.Only paid 7K for the car.

Good thing I don't care about appearances,only performance. Crazy  
The older I get,the faster I was.

panheadred
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 05/03/13 09:35 PM

I would think so. But theres alot of factors determine price. An now days paint ain't cheap. Try and find somebody that works at a bodyshop that does some one the side. Thats what i do. I work at a bodyshop and do work on the side. But you can't expect a show paint job but should be able to get a decent job. Hope that helps some.  

idrivejunk
My first time was in a Chevy
Posted: 05/04/13 05:37 AM

Icon Quotechevycamaro99:
could I get a good paint job for $4,500..cause I darn well know whatever car I get..the paint is not gonna be perfect.....a scratch here and there..a ping here and there..you get the idea....

Theres not enough infomation in your post to answer your question. All you've said is its OK to paint over dents and scratches. Are you getting an Impala or a Chevette? $4,500 won't get you very far these days but it might get you what you want. On the side, I painted a 70 Chevy truck for $3,500 (labor only) a couple years ago.  
idrivejunk

TO TOP