Ad Radar
Item Posts    Sort Order

1968 Impala with Factory 4 speed and bench seat

Hawkman1
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 04/22/13 05:25 PM

I am seeking input/advice on a '68 Impala fastback 2-door coupe with a factory 4-speed with bench seat, 327 four-barrel carb----all original.  I have talked with both previous owners of the car, both of whom tell me they didn't touch a thing on the car.  I have owned it since '81 when I bought it from my then-girlfriend's Dad.
VIN is 164878J162463.
Girlfriend's Dad thinks it was a car with off-the-wall combo of features that was ordered into the dealership here in MN, and the first owner bought it because it was different.  He then sold it to girlfriend's Dad in early 70's.

How can I find out just what kind of car I have relative to collector status, value, etc?  I have tried sites such as Hagerty's, etc but come up with nothing.

Any ideas? Ooo  

Marcellus
Posted: 04/26/13 03:04 PM

Have you tried wwwoldride.com I gathered quite a bit of imformation about my 68 Impala. Hope this helps.  

Hawkman1
Posted: 04/26/13 06:17 PM

Thanks for the help Marcellus.  Looks like some additiona info to be found at that site.  But what I am really after is how many cars with this combination ( 2-dr hardtop fastback, 327, factory 4-speed with bench seat)were made.  I'd like to know if this car is a rare original Impala that would be worth some $$$ if it was restored.  

Marcellus
Posted: 04/27/13 05:06 AM

I looked this morning and cant find a answer either. I have a 68 Impala Custom 2 door formal top 327 4 bbl. power glide bench seat factory air all original I would also like to know this answer. All I do know is there are less every year and I would eat mine before I sell it! If you find anything out about I would like to know.  

TO TOP