Ad Radar
Item Posts    Sort Order

Stainless Steel Fuel Tank for '63 Nova?

Dmk63
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 07/31/13 03:01 PM

My father bought a 1963 Nova SS back in the '70s and since then it has fallen into slight disrepair. I am in the process of helping him restore it. I've been searching for a few months now for a fuel tank to replace the original. I'm interested in a 16 gallon stainless steel fuel tank, but would prefer it not to be made overseas. So far I haven't found any companies in the States that manufacture these tanks here. I've contacted a few of the larger parts retailers and so far have come up with nothing. As far as I know, Canada is the closest that I can get to having a tank made around here. However, I can't seem to find any Canadian tanks out of stainless steel. The only ones that I have found are made in China. Does anyone know of a retailer that has these kinds of tanks made either here or in Canada? Any help would be greatly appreciated!  

waynep712222
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 08/01/13 12:39 AM

i am amazed that stainless tanks are that easily available from anywhere..

goes back to something i mentioned to one of the guys at chassisworks about building first gen camaro subframes.. when they told me there was not enough demand..i said.. build it.. they will come..

i looked at one of the stainless tanks on Ebay.. seems its made in Taiwan, Province of China..    wow.. that creative..

stamping stainless to the proper shape is not easy.. or people would be doing it in their garages. its kinda hard on the tooling..  but with todays better lubricants for deep drawing..

look at the stainless  ford..  

Stainlessafter1  

Dmk63
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 08/01/13 11:41 AM

They are rare to find, but they are out there. I found one here: http://www.jegs.com/i/Ricks-Hot-Rod-Shop/781/1031/10002/-1 , although the price is a bit more than I can afford for just the tank and the straps (so I never actually looked into it to see where it was made). I found a few others that were cheaper, but were imported from overseas. My only other option at this point is to go for a Canadian made Ni-Terne steel tank. Not as durable, but they will have to do.  

TO TOP