Ad Radar
Item Posts    Sort Order

96 LT-1 ignition upgrade

JimmyRigs
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 05/21/13 02:32 PM

I was reading this article,  http://www.superchevy.com/technical/engines_drivetrain/accessories_electronics/0401sc_ignition/ .
Was wondering if anyone knows where to find the dyno results, I can't seem to find them any where. While I would like to see the numbers, I am more interested in switching over from the stock rev limiter that cuts fuel, to cutting ignition instead. Also interested in the reports that the aftermarket ignitions eat up the optispark. If it is true how much quicker? I am getting close to being finished with my 96 z-28. Upgrades right now are pocket ported heads with 2.00/1.56 int/exh, comp cams xfi 280 cam, 1.6 RR's, cai, 52mm tb, ported lt1 intake, stepped 1 3/4"-1 7/8" primaries 3" collector with a catted y-pipe, m6 with 4.10s. I've seen some say the stock limiter is fine, but I would feel much better pulling ignition than fuel. I don't get to build toys that often and would like the peace of mind knowing I'm not going to miss a shift and blow it up running to lean.  

TO TOP