Item Posts    Sort Order

1985 Camaro T-5 transmission rebuild

eurekavalley339
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 12/31/12 03:00 PM

I am putting together the output shaft of a Borg Warner T-5. I would like to know the correct position of the 3-4 synchronizer hub in relation to the spline on the output shaft. Is there a way to measure the proper space between the synchronizer assembly, the brass synchro ring and third gear ? Any help would be very much appreciated .  

pepsi1
Big Block power for the win
Posted: 12/31/12 11:04 PM

eurekavalley339 welcome to Super Chevy:

Was it a basket case, or something you just want to rebuild?

www.cartechbooks.com  Has tech books on just about anything. There are also videos available today. Without seeing it hard to tell what you have. But stay turned its New Years and there maybe some GURU will have a info on it.

Bob  

joe-
Posted: 01/01/13 06:39 AM

you might find more info on thirdgen.org  ?    

heres a thread that might give you some ideas?
http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/transmissions-drivetrain/646424-stock-t5-t-5-a.html

lots of archived threads about t-5s.  hope this helps.  
joe-

eurekavalley339
Posted: 01/01/13 01:44 PM

I bought the T-5 from a transmission dealer in Hemmings back in 1995. Installed it in a 1965 el camino behind a 283 small block. No problem with the trans. Currently switching to a Buick V-6 and decided to go through the T-5, installing new bearings, synchro rings, etc. The only dvd I could find was for a T-5 Tremec Ford Mustang transmission. Very similiar but not the same. It is a very good video from Bad Shoe Productions. The trans I have is a early design, original Borg-Warner type. I have heard this type is known as a NWC, non-world class. I appreciate the response to my question and will definitely stay tuned. thanks.  

pepsi1
Big Block power for the win
Posted: 01/01/13 02:55 PM

They put that T-5 trans in everything from S-10 trucks to Mustangs. You name it. I read there was atleast 5 different versions of it. I've been there myself. You think your doing yourself a favor, and it blows up in your face...LOL...The real old timers would say, if it's not broke don't fix it!...
"HAPPY NEW YEAR"

Bob  

TO TOP