Ad Radar
Item Posts    Sort Order

327 BUILD

BIGMETALGLENN
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 12/11/12 01:49 PM

THIS MONTHS 327 BUILD IS A JOKE! I HAVE A 327 COMPLETE 30 OVER SITTING IN MY GARAGE AND IF I COULD BUILD IT THE WAY I WANT TO I COULD GET MORE HORSE POWER OUT OF IT THEN THE ONE U DID AND I WOULD USE ALL THE ORIGINAL PARTS. 461 HEADS, CAST IRON INTAKE, ROCHESTER CARB. THE ONE U DID IS NOT A 327, MAYBE IN CUBE'S. I WANT TO SEE MODERN TECHNIQUES  PUT INTO WHAT THE MOTOR CAME WITH AND GET 550-600 HP.  

JTH55
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 12/12/12 06:38 PM

Bigmetal glen
you could never get that kind of Hp out of a 327 without running either racing fuel or forced induction with those old school parts. I think the build u are referring to ran on pump gas and made decent power for what it was.  

tuffnuff
Posted: 12/14/12 05:55 AM

+1
The 550/600 horse expectation, is wishful thinking with original parts.
GM got 250/300 horse with compression and good gas.,. this we no longer enjoy.

Smile  
When The Flag Drops.,.

tuffnuff

The Bull ***t Stops.,.
tuffnuff

P. Engineer, Engine Builder

pepsi1
Big Block power for the win
Posted: 12/14/12 01:02 PM

You can purchase Cam 2 or Sunoco by the drum. Just open your wallet and through your money away. They Dyno guy I know buys it that way and it evaporates so fast and goes bad really quick also. You can get AvGas from the airport but you need to know someone. Thats not the answer either.
  A 10:0:1 compression ratio is about all 93 Octane can handle. If your going to make real power as Tuff said. You have to rethink everything your doing We listen to these young Gear Heads that want 500 HP and drive it on the street. As most of us know this is the real world and that is hard to accomoplish. Not the 500 HP but being able to drive it on the street. I have a friend that lives in Germany. Gas is over $8.00 a gallon. We complain about $3.50 a gallon.
  Back in my day I remember gas @ 19 cents to 44 cents a gallon. We thought 44 cents a gallon was outrageous. That was Sunoco 100 octane gas.
  It seems as though all the time we spend explaining to our young gear heads friends, they still want Big Carburetors and big Cams. Todays technology you don't need it. It the package that makes the HP. Unless your racing at a Pro level whats the reasoning behind big cams and big carbs.
  I believe by the end of this decade the words Flat Tappet Cams will not be in our vocabulary. With all the warnings and writings ie Pman and Tuff have spend countless hours putting information and tech tips, on the forums, not to mention the cam manufacturers, guys are still rubbing lobes off cams. Follow the procedures, and listen to what us older gear heads have to say. Remember you are the Gear Heads of the future to carry on our Hobby, the Hobby most of us have enjoyed for a along time. We need you younger guys to keep it going. I spent more then 2 cents, trying to explain how we older guys feel. Enjoy your Hobby. Pass it on.

Bob  

TO TOP