Ad Radar
Item Posts    Sort Order

drive by cable to dbw

gix6
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 12/20/12 06:01 PM

the 3.8 in my camaro now is dbw the 3.8 im installing is dbc what all do i have to do to convert it to dbw? can i just swap the throttle body? or should i just keep the dbc if so what do i do with the plugs that were in the dbw throttle body? there is also a small black round "thing" bolted to the intake that has a plug from the harness it also has vacume lines running to the fuel rail, what is this becouse on the other 3.8 it has one similar with no plug from harness just another vacume line so if im going to be able to swap throttle bodies can/should i swap these "things" too     please help   im not very wise about new model computer controlled engines   all advise greatly appreciated    thank you  

idrivejunk
My first time was in a Chevy
Posted: 12/20/12 06:11 PM

Fuel pressure regulator or EGR valve is probably what you are seeing. Computer and everything is gonna be different from a dbc to dbw. I suggest you sell that L67 3800 and get something you can use. Just being honest. Check out the forum at 3800pro dot com.  
idrivejunk

pepsi1
Big Block power for the win
Posted: 12/20/12 10:23 PM

See if you can get a service manual that covers both versions. Is one the Supercharged version? The last thing you want is to have the engine to go WOT.

Bob  

gix6
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 12/26/12 07:18 PM

I have the 99 3.8 and the 2000 supercharged 3.8. both are complete with wiring harness. since the car was originally dbw, should I convert the engine to dbw or should I convert the car to dbc? either way how or what all do I have to convert over I kno im going to have to reprogram the computer but im lost on the rest.    thanks  

TO TOP