Ad Radar
Item Posts    Sort Order

Retrosound or other radio?

lliw
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 09/30/12 02:22 PM

Has anyone has good or bad experience with a Retrosound Model 1 radio?

Any others to recommend?  

I want to upgrade my factory unit and add new speakers.

Thanks  

pepsi1
Big Block power for the win
Posted: 09/30/12 09:18 PM

lliw welcome to Super Chevy:

I have no idea of what you mean. I am really old school. 2 summers ago I started clearing out my parts. I had to do something with them, I didn't want my kids to sell some rare parts for pennies on a dollar. I was going through this box marked all Ford stuff, and I came across a reverbarator.(I know it's spelled wrong).

I had other parts in their original Rotunda Ford parts bags. I had a set of shaft 1.76 adjustable rock arms for BBF.I knew they were worth some money. I put all the Ford parts in eyes sight. The rocker arms I sold for a cool $625.00 no Chit. Grin  Cool  

I purchased it for my 1968 Ford back in 1968... Those things really were acustically speaking the cats arz.I didn't know if it still worked or not. I actually had the original box that contained the schematic. I didn't put a price on it. I just left it in eyes sight. Well 2 guys knew what it was and started making offers.Then there was a third guy chiming in. For something that was 42 years old, and I didn't knew if it worked I sold for $210 dollars. I remember that reverb sounded as if you had the best seats in a concert hall.

Please remember back then Sterio systems were just starting to become "sterio systems". When this reverb was set-up correctly it was like you had a multi speaker radio, and you were at a live music concert. Something FoMoCo had before the other big (2). Great sound...

Bob  

lliw
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 10/01/12 08:39 PM

This is what I meant.  Retrosound makes a replacement radio called the Model One.

http://www.retrosoundusa.com

Other brands are Ken Harrison and Custom Autosound.

Any feedback from people who have tried any of these would be appreciated.

Thanks  

TO TOP