Ad Radar
Item Posts    Sort Order

bbc 496

countryman6
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 05/15/12 01:47 PM

I am currently working my stock 454 361959 block over .060 and installing a 4.250 crank to achieve a 496 stroker.  I have placed an order for an Eagle internally balanced kit that obtains a set of Mahle -18.00cc dome pistons with i-beam rods, steel crankshaft and etc.  I have a set of 781 bb heads with 2.19/1.88 vlaves with bowl blending to get a slight increase in air flow. I currently have a 294 Extreme energy comp cam hydraulic flat tappet with 588/593 lift 110 degree.  I intend on increasing to a hydraulic roller cam but rite now I wanted sum input on how you all think the combination I already have would perfrom on the street.  My intentions are to run in the low 7s or high 6s off motor in 1/8 mile.  The car is a G-body Monte Carlo SS with th350, 4.10 Detroit locker 28 spline unit.  On the motor I am using Hei/MSD set up with Victor JR. intake, 850 double pumper holley carb.  

JIM2532
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 05/16/12 02:12 PM

i THINK I WOULD CONSIDER WHAT GEAR AND TIRE SIZE TO RUN IN THE REAR OF THE CAR..! HYDRAULIC ROLLER WILL NOT TURN AS MANY RPMS AS A SOLID ROLLER AND THEY ARE NOT AS RADICAL.THEY ARE A LOT LESS TROUBLE THAN A SOLID ROLLER,VALVE LASH,ETC.ONCE YOU GET THEM RIGHT,THEY NORMALLY STAY RIGHT.I HAVE USED THE EAGLE KIT AND NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH THEM.YOU MAY HAVE TO GO TO A 4.56 OR 488 GEAR TO BE A winner in the 1/8 mile.that will kill your fuel economy on the street and turn that hydraulic roller a bunch..Also how about good set of hedders?cheap horsepower.ALSO A BROKEN REAR AXEL WILL KILL YOU DEAD ON THE DRAG STRIP.CONSIDER AFTER MARKET HIGH STRENGTH AXELS.iTS YOUR ASS,TAKE CARE OF IT,REGARDS,JIM  

TO TOP