12 Last
Item Posts    Sort Order

"what do you want to see?" by jim campisano

blk8hrt
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 10/10/10 03:05 PM

ok...i just got my december issue of SC and thunder road was very interesting to say the least. it is a great debate in a world such as ours. rat rod, hot rod, big budget builds, "DONKS" and so fourth. you asked what we, the readers, would like to see in your great magazine. and i do mean a trully great magazine...ty for it. i am a disabled man and on an extremly tight budget,but do what i can for my "gearhead" addictions. i have had numurous cars of the more simpler type(i.e.-typical street cars with at most 400 hp.)i had a '78 malibu,i own a '94 v-6 camaro,and have just purchased an '89 rs 305 camaro. yes the cars people used to ignore are now becoming popular,but we all like the no limit builds as well. i would like to see more average joe type builds and on cars that most of us can still find. '68 camaros are way to much money. finding an all matching numbers is so hard to do. so,we,the average joe, find and buy what we can. malibu's 70's-80's and disco era camaro's nowadays.take my '89 rs...it would make a great street sleeper. ya'll do a great job as is, so just broaden your spectrum a bit and keep up the great work...ty. mr. daley  

redneckjoe69
Everything in my driveway’s a Chevy
Posted: 10/12/10 04:42 PM

yep.  the poormans corvette  Wink .  

vferrizz
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 10/17/10 04:57 AM

Grin Nothing wrong with a 3rd gen Camaro.  Someday soon I will be looking for an '87 IROC.  Could have bought a mint one in 1996 for $4000.  

gettnlarge01
Posted: 10/18/10 02:21 PM

I agree,most of us work off a REAL BUDGET and do hit the swap meets  
luck is when skill and opportunity meet

redneckjoe69
Posted: 10/19/10 06:01 AM

+1.  

gettnlarge01
Posted: 10/20/10 03:00 PM

most of us build cars for what you guys spend on engines.I'm not saying we dont build things safely or correct but we do know how to get good parts cheap  

gettnlarge01

most of us build cars for what you guys spend on engines.I'm not saying we dont build things safely or correct but we do know how to get good parts cheap  

gettnlarge01

redneckjoe69
Posted: 10/22/10 07:30 AM

o.k. ive thought carefully about this.  i would like to see all the hot models rounded up. take em to a dragstrip & do something like pinks.  the winner could be "miss super chevy".  this would be a win-win situation for everybody.  the girls would have fun, we the readers would enjoy it, sales would go up, & im sure the super chevy staff would have a wonderful time as well.  win-win all around!  Cool  come on jim, do it.  you could crown the first ever "miss super chevy".  now thats a story nobody would pass-up. Grin  

gettnlarge01
Posted: 10/22/10 03:44 PM

+1 joe  

wally0143
My first time was in a Chevy
Posted: 10/22/10 03:56 PM

++++++1 ! YOU ARE THE MAN, JOE!  
Nobody knows everything but everybody knows something

Budnicks
Posted: 10/25/10 06:33 PM

Every body seems to like the budget builds, make it a competition of sorts, So how about a build with common parts you could get at the local parts store, swap meet or salvage yard, Call it the real world build, stock type suspension tricks, A/C-full-interior-windows, street tires (not some stickys)it must have driveable gears like 3:42 (minor bolt ons with in budget), keep it within a set dollar amount see what you can come up with, all around test, cornering, drag racing, dyno, traffic, cruising, minor body & paint mods, limited fiberglass/carbon fiber, no super trick stuff. hold the competition at Super Chevy Shows, just a thought.Budnicks  
"Fill Your Library Before You Fill Your Garage" Good Luck  "Budnicks"

gettnlarge01
Posted: 10/27/10 12:24 PM

+1  

bagrydr133
Posted: 11/03/10 09:40 PM

CURIOUS AS TO KNOW IF ANY 1970 LS-6 EL CAMINOS WERE BUILT. IF SO , HOW MANY AND WHERE ARE THEY TO BE FOUND?  

Ron1973
I have an SS396 tatoo
Posted: 12/07/10 12:34 AM

Need power and performance, but thats good for the racing end so i have to agree. But without looks, sad shows.. Id like to see some tech. on Body, paint and all of it to make the hotrods look as good as they perform, some of us do all the body/paint thing, and makes no difference in the world if you know what your doing, we can always pick up cheaper, budget tid-bits along the way, When we decide thats it i cant learn anymore we lose because theres always more to learn, to cut corners without cutting style and durability. Ron.  

12 Last
TO TOP