Item Posts    Sort Order

E-street aluminum heads

trainor
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 10/06/10 08:37 AM

I'm thinking of adding a set of E-Street aluminum heads to my small block. Has anyone installed these and what do you think. They come all assembled, but is there anything that I will need extra to install.  

redneckjoe69
Everything in my driveway’s a Chevy
Posted: 10/06/10 01:47 PM

not positive, but you may need different length push-rods. they also sell a head bolt kit for theyre heads.  you will probably get a few recomedations for better heads , for the money.   what size motor?  cam?  pistons?  etc.   intended use?  the more info you give, the better.  

trainor
Posted: 10/06/10 02:12 PM

Thanks for the advice.  Its a 350 l-48.  30 over with flat top pistons.  Crower 241 cam, dont have the paper on the cam, can't give you the lift,sorry.  Stock exhauste manifold with duaL exhause with crossover and flowmaster muffs.  Performer intake, 650 cfm thunder series edelbrock carb. Motor dyno was 309hp with 375 torque at about 4750 rpm.  What would be a safe rpm to max out this motor, summit tech says that the e-street heads are about the best he can advise for the money with about a 25 to 30 hp increase. Also have a new HEI. Thanks Again  

86monteman
Posted: 10/07/10 07:31 AM

i called summit ahwile back was looking at the e tec heads something about the exhaust ports bein differentthan on the stock heads might check that out on them heads just to make sure  

redneckjoe69
Posted: 10/07/10 10:51 AM

yea, they got the e-tec & the e-street.  with flat tops & 64cc chambers, you should be around 10.1 compression. the e-street says theyer valve springs are good to .550" lift. you should be able to spin that motor pretty safely to 6,500 rpms.  some headers would probably help your motor breathe a bit better. and of course some roller rockers would free up a little power. do you know what kinda/ size heads you have now?  let me know how you like the new heads.  & dont forget to use anti-seize on your plugs.  

trainor
Posted: 10/07/10 12:11 PM

I now have the stock heads obviously with some work done to them.  My engine builder says I should got with 70 or 72cc. Headers would be nice but I can't find a set that will work with this year and engine. I found some from Hooker but they won't work with a power steering assist. Any suggestions?  Thanks again and I'll let you know how the heads work out.  

redneckjoe69
Posted: 10/07/10 03:54 PM

id go with the 64cc heads myself. do you have 4 valve relief pistons?  compression = power, & you would be ok with pump premium.    then again the gas seems to get crappier everyday.  Tongue       sorry, i never got what kinda car you have. but they make headers to fit darn near anything.     those heads look like they requier hardened pushrods for the guide plates. id probly buy the right head bolt kit too if i was spending that kinda money.  not too bad a price either.  

trainor
Posted: 10/07/10 04:38 PM

The car is a 75 vette, as you probably know that was the year when chevy decided to smother the car with emission BS.  Everybody offers headers up to and stops at 74, then they pick up a few years later. On the heads You said 64cc but my engine builder says 70 or 72.  Why the difference.  I like your input very much and do appreciate it. as far as the push rods and bolt kit, I agree that getting the kit from elelbrock is smart.  Any header help and I'm all ears.  Thanks again .  

redneckjoe69
Posted: 10/07/10 05:57 PM

i got this part # from hedman headers,68307, from performance automotive warehouse.  is there a corvette site you could try asking for a better recomendation?  there has to be a set that fits.     them 70cc chamber heads will work. i thought you were looking for more power with the dyno #s.   just sayin, more power = more compression.  10.1 is pretty safe on the street with aluminum heads.  whats summit recommend?  

gettnlarge01
Posted: 10/17/10 12:05 PM

the smaller chambers are more efficient. has your block been decked?piston head type,head gasket type?  
luck is when skill and opportunity meet

TO TOP