Item Posts    Sort Order

Help Me find a specific magazine!

walrus4
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 01/31/10 02:56 PM

Hey guys I was wondering if you could look through your old Super Chevy Magazines and help me find an issue. My dad and his friends were talked about in a magazine between the years of 1981 and 1984. The article was about a 1969 Biscyane sleeper car. The car was factory black with a 427 and 4 speed. The owner was Larry Laprade and the name Farrell Hughes was also mentioned. If you could help me find this issue I would appreciate it a lot.
Thanks.  

55Guy
Administrator
Posted: 02/01/10 11:12 AM

I'll see what we can do.  

walrus4
Posted: 02/03/10 08:32 PM

Thanks I would really appreciate it!  

Calin
Administrator
Posted: 02/04/10 04:07 PM

Ok after a few hours of flipping pages I couldn't locate the article in question. I did come across a 69 427 feature but all the names were different.

I might need a little more info to locate this. Can you tell me was this a feature or just a single photo in some sort of event coverage and are you positive of the year range.

Let me know and I will try again.

Calin  

walrus4
Posted: 02/04/10 08:47 PM

Thanks so far I appreciate your help. I'm sure the years are at least after 1980 and before 1985. could you tell me the names in the artice you found?
Also i dont believe it's a feature, although it could be. I think it's propbably an event coverage but like I've mentioned before I'm not sure.
And Thank you very much again.  

Calin
Administrator
Posted: 02/09/10 11:08 AM

Finding an event coverage photo will take a lot more time. I will need to basically read each issue, thats 60! I'm not giving up and will try and search during my lunch breaks or when I get free time. I will have to locate the feature I found again since it wasn't a match I didn't mark the page.....  

walrus4
Posted: 02/09/10 09:41 PM

this is a really big help to me. take as long as you need, no rush. lol
and i really can't thank you enough  

isaaclaprade
Posted: 10/04/12 05:51 PM

I know this is an old post but I just recently googled my dad's name. I have several copies of the issue your talking about as well we have an identical car. That car wound up in Jesse Jacksons hands and sold 4 times before it left carlisle. We've still got one and it is black although it is not one of the 11 fact. black. It was factory daytona yellow. It came from texas black. Still just as bad.  

pepsi1
Big Block power for the win
Posted: 10/04/12 11:16 PM

walrus4 welcome to Super Chevy:

Boy I'm in the process of trying to find an article in another Car Magazine that was featured within the past 2 years, and I'm having trouble that. Your taking on a 30 year task...LOL...Good Luck

Bob  

TO TOP