123 Last
Item Posts    Sort Order

real hotrods

vegaman357
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 07/27/10 09:54 AM

bill you sound like me when i was younger my car was  4 different colors and i got laughed at till i hit the throttle .then they wanted to see that big v8 under the hood. boy did i surprise them when they looked in and saw a 140 ci vega motor pushing over 300 hp weighing in at 1500 lbs  on 13inch tires  that was budget building back in the day .  

blk8hrt
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 07/28/10 02:27 PM

ok..have not been on in awhile,but it seems some of what i wrote was taken as mine. let me set the record straight. the mitshubishi evo-8 is not mine. it is my doctors. yes he and i are close friends, and YES, he drives the crap out of the car. my car is a very simple '78 malibu 2 door with a 60 over 350 in it. as you read earlier in my post, it was popping. well it no longer pops, but now my oil pressure has dropped to almost nothing. guess i spun a bearing. i am about to start again,but this time with a complete tear down and rebuild,so i wont be on as much or...lol, may be on all the time trying to figure things out with all of everyones help. oh,...did i mention,before the drop in oil pressure,..the motor ran great! and here is a kicker for you!, my three sons ages 10-14 helped me do it. they were set to the tasks of cleaning gaskets and organizing parts. oh, but i let them do the real work too! i had the 2 oldest torqure a head each. and then my youngest got to do the intake. i am breading gear heads for the future. they will assist on the full rebuild as well. as far as looks first? i dont know that i would say that. my wife owns a 1976 camaro that looks great inside and out,BUT, i can blow her doors off with my '94 v-6 camaro!for me, i want it to perform first. looks, i can deal with most anything there. there are pictures of all 3 of mine and my wifes cars on readers rides. like i said,hers looks better than mine, but mine runs like a b.o.o.h (bat out of h____). as far as "trailer queens", those have a place in life too, just not at any of the places i go....lol.  

mvbroadbill
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 08/07/10 08:15 PM

WOW that sucks man! But on the bright side you can take your time and think through all the go fast parts in you budget and work on the right combo for your needs. Of course this sounds great intill you cant make up your mind anymoore lol! Just make sure you do what you want the first time so you don't have that case of I should have done it this way regret!  
Speed is just a question of money how fast do you want to go?

gettnlarge01
Everything in my driveway’s a Chevy
Posted: 08/08/10 03:38 PM

Agreed bill, that happens alot about midway thru a build  
luck is when skill and opportunity meet

kcaraway
Posted: 09/18/10 08:18 PM

aint no substitute for cubic inches!  

kcaraway
Posted: 09/18/10 08:21 PM

i want to know how those cars run pro mod eng. wit 10.5 tires what an ideal weight ratio front vs rear to put 1500plus down on a 10.5  

kcaraway
Posted: 09/18/10 08:23 PM

yea cmon  

redneckjoe69
Posted: 09/19/10 10:26 AM

whats up all?  just saying hi! gotta go! peace  

idrivejunk
My first time was in a Chevy
Posted: 09/19/10 12:32 PM

Hey Joe how are ya?  
idrivejunk

gettnlarge01
Posted: 09/20/10 03:41 PM

junkman,joe is well just busy like the rest of us buddy,,,lol
I've got the same problem this time of year too  
luck is when skill and opportunity meet

redneckjoe69
Posted: 09/24/10 12:01 PM

hey junkman & gettn. been super busy lately. computer died, but my camaro is running strong. i got less than half a car to wet sand, apply 1 decal and shes done for now. im looking forward to some cool weather down here in fl. god bless all. Wink  

BBenn3
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 09/24/10 06:08 PM

Its not what ya Buy Its what ya Build..............a motto Ive had for a long time  

vferrizz
Posted: 09/30/10 11:31 AM

I have to admit that to me hot rodding is hot rodding regardless of what you build.  I also will never be seen in a worked up Honda or Mitsubishi but I also have no problem with anyone doing that.  As someone said earlier, "its not what you buy its what you build"...well said.  

I also agree with an earlier comment that being budget conscious seems to have gone out the window.  I saw an article in SC about fuel injection for every budget.  The cheapest set up was $1200 (GM performance parts) and the most expensive was around $6000.  The average price for fuel injection was about $2500 - $3000.  I wish I had that kind of budget!!!  The prices have to be based on the R & D because they sure aren't based on the materials.  Looks like carbs forever for me.  

redneckjoe69
Posted: 10/01/10 06:07 AM

ill stick with my old holley. i agree, $1,200 - $6,000 doesnt seem like "budget" to me. maybe to a millionaire. i like carbs for the reliability also. once my in-tank electric fuel pump took a crap. i said im never going through this again. converted to carb & never looked back. seems like a carb almost always makes more h.p. than fuel injection on a dyno comparison. most people i hear complain about carbs, couldnt even set the floats. to each, his own.  

wally0143
My first time was in a Chevy
Posted: 10/01/10 07:08 PM

+1 For sure,Joe. Besides, nothing looks better than a nice air cleaner in the middle of a engine compartment free of clutter and all kinds of electronic B.S.  
Nobody knows everything but everybody knows something

123 Last
TO TOP