123 Last
Item Posts    Sort Order

real hotrods

redneckjoe69
Everything in my driveway’s a Chevy
Posted: 02/21/10 06:19 AM

real hotrods dont ride on trailers or flatbeds. they dont come from the factory already built.and if you buy one that someone else built, can you ever really say its yours? unlimited budgets dont impress me much, cause in the real world we all know well never have that oportunity. come on! how many 69 camaros, with an l.s. motor can you look at? most people cant afford those stupid looking oversize rims,(that look like they belong on a hotwheel or matchbox.oh...my first love.another story.)how about a guy building a ferrari kit car with a supercharged smallblock? you know something different. how about a shifter cart, with a hyabusa motor? maybe a miniature indy or le mans body on it.think outside the box. new cars are boring, all look the same. the new camaros are ugly and dont impress me at all.just glad there still around for some reason.we used to go street racing every week in ft.meyers years ago.great fun and memorys.real hotrodders can tell you that the show "cops",is all b.s. cause we got away more times than ill ever tell. cruising around in my buddies 73 camaro with a tunnel ram sticking through the hood, cam lumpin, red light and a mustang pulls up. a real hotrodder just knows what to do.if you dont,...you just dont belong.  

mvbroadbill
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 03/06/10 09:26 PM

I agree with you real cars built by the owners are harder to come by today. My latest model I own is my work car and thats a 66 mustang. I would love to put a small block in it but dont ever see things like that in the mags putting a chevy in a ford is one of fords better idea's. But my real driver at home is my 57 belair and even when it's got the paint and chrome done I'll still drive the wheels off it.old cars dont become old by not being good!  
Speed is just a question of money how fast do you want to go?

gettnlarge01
Posted: 03/07/10 12:18 PM

Theres more pride in a project when its all done by me. I build mine to drive and they get drove in rain or shine  
luck is when skill and opportunity meet

mvbroadbill
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 03/15/10 10:25 AM

I was just wondering why the hell these kids have to put the bigest coffee can muffler on the honda? They sound like a bad fart joke! In most cases it's the only mod they have done unless you count high performance stickers!  

gettnlarge01
Posted: 03/15/10 01:08 PM

LOL, I believe thats the only mod their capable of doing and besides if they tear the honda apart to do some serious work they'll be stuck with their parents driving them around.  

redneckjoe69
Posted: 03/15/10 08:53 PM

my brother-in-law put nitrous & a turbo on a 4 cylinder rice burner. and all i can think of is, why? its still a slow terd, that any v-8 could beat.  and yup,...he paid a mechanic to do it all. i think he might have installed the stickers himself. ill have to ask.lol  

vegaman357
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 07/15/10 07:48 AM

Confused I thought the whole point of hot rodding was to have what you wanted not what everyone else has i mean geez u do your thing and ill do mine  and what sells magazines is what different people do with what they got to do with the way hot rodding started and yes  i may have more in a set of wheels than you do your car but  i dont look down on you and yes if you pull upbeside me at a red light  I know what to do  rev that thing up to 7 grand drop the clutch and say BYE BYE  

QuickTPI
Posted: 07/15/10 03:32 PM

I think what he means is not all of us have enough money to build something that'll rev to 7 grand. I like the big-ish wheels, as long as they look right, especially on new cars that need them. I think the OP has the right idea, more "fun" projects but this is probably not the magazine for that... what or where that magazine is I have no idea (i'd like to) but the bottom line here is, things these days are not focused where they were when we grew up, which was making more power with the kind of cars people actually build more often... not the no limit builds, you know, project type cars...  

blk8hrt
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 07/15/10 04:12 PM

ok...some of us are on "budgets" which seems to be a thing of the past...lol. rice burner? ya...a 2003 mitsubishi evolution with a stroker 2.4 liter and a turbo that produces 680h.p. at the wheels on a chasis dyno is a deffinet v-8 buster if you ask me. and yes...the car is real. stock e.c.u and air conditioning. all wheel drive too!! *** he and his friend did it all but the machine work. just like me...i did my motor and yes, have made my mistakes.it runs and pops at power but i am patient and will get it sorted out. but that fact is...i did it. and on a disability budget at that...just took me longer.as far as "hot rodding" its about what "YOU" do that counts! i will run with a honda builder,if he did the work!, and yes its gotta have more than a coffee can muffler. true hot rodders usually dont "advertise" their parts compilations! why?, because if everyone can see whats in your motor, then they know ahead of time what it will take to pass you by.i am a mechanic but worked till forced retirement at a local fix it shop. they taught me alot. mainly "diagnosing" little stuff had to do with "rebuilds" especially when it came to cranks and pistons. thats where reading every bit of info comes in,, and of course, discussing things like that with the gear heads on here.my motor will run right, it will be done by me,i enjoy any good tuned car, and hot rodding is a freedom of expression.my love is cars and motors of all kinds---race? sure! win or loose...its fun!  geno from the boro in tenn.  

mvbroadbill
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 07/23/10 04:02 PM

That must be a fun rice burner! I bet that all wheel drive must claw some good traction!? But the point is you drive it right! I care care what you biuld drive the dame thing lol you want somthing to look at buy a poster but darn it cars should be drove and enjoyed at least thats what I think. Buy the way your evolution seems to be in a differant class than what I was talking about. Its looks like you have more than a muffler and stickers guys like you don't fall into that catagory. The no stickers thing you mention is right on. Is your car noisy or quiet? Sleepers are always fun thers not much better than the look of shock when your car dose not look like much and then poof gone lol!  

gettnlarge01
Posted: 07/24/10 07:02 PM

Build what you want and do it yourself. My 99 Neon has a ported/polished head,cam,hedder,etc and I did it all myself like always.  

mvbroadbill
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 07/24/10 09:43 PM

Although the good side of the big buck builds is we can see what these parts do after all they do test them atleast once! That always give us Ideas of what to do.  

gettnlarge01
Posted: 07/25/10 09:22 AM

I agree/disagree at the same time Bill. My big problem with a mags test is that they could fudge it to show better numbers for THEIR CUSTOMER. Because those companies pay money to be put in the mag to start with not saying it happens but you never know.  

mvbroadbill
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 07/25/10 08:15 PM

Yea but when it comes to fit and finish as well as bench racing idea's for things like suspention or lets say air conditioning we can see how they look and go together. Always good to refferance.  

vegaman357
Posted: 07/27/10 09:48 AM

your absolutely right bill speed does cost but good looks like a woman takes time and we all have the same amount of time in a day 24 hours and like my daddy said if its worth doing its worth doing right the first time . so do you look good going 70 on the interstate or 35 thru town where all the girls get to see you ? and yes seeing is believing so spend the time on the finish and fit then make it sound and run great . it all goes back to basics blood sweat and gears .  

123 Last
TO TOP