Item Posts    Sort Order

Engine Won't idle

tuffnuff
Posted: 04/19/10 08:59 PM

Glad you got your problem solved,,, It seemed like an ignition breakdown from the start. I hope other readers will benefit from your misfortune.
Grin  
When The Flag Drops.,.

tuffnuff

The Bull ***t Stops.,.
tuffnuff

P. Engineer, Engine Builder

gettnlarge01
Everything in my driveway’s a Chevy
Posted: 04/20/10 01:20 PM

Good to hear!! CONGRATS  
luck is when skill and opportunity meet

ddwc1957
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 12/31/12 06:07 PM

IVE HAVING SIMILAR PROBLEM MOTOR SOUNDS GOOD AT 2000-3000 RPMS BUT AT IDLE CONSTANTLY HAVING TO FEATHER THROTTLE TO GET TO IDLE CANNOT GET RICHNESS OUT OF IDLE  TRIED EVERTHING AS FAR AS SETTING CARB BUT CANNOT GET A CONSTANT IDLE WONT GOE BELOW 1200- 1300 RPMS  

pepsi1
Big Block power for the win
Posted: 12/31/12 10:43 PM

You should have started a new post. Some of the guys won't go passed the original of 2010.

Well "Happy New Year" and welcome to Super Chevy.

Your going to have to give us some information. If you went thru the post's and its still a problem. Ther's somethng you either missed or wasn't covered.

Does it not idle if you put it in gear

Let it try to idle on its own.

1.Engine size

2.Cam specs.

3.Carb size.

Anything you can think of put it down. Anything was the engine built for the track only, that type of information.

Bob  

BuzzLOL
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 01/02/13 02:18 AM

.. Kempfer needed to set his engine at 20 degrees BTDC and see where his rotor was pointing... sounds like when he attempted to idle it down, he went off the edge of the rotor as the timing backed down... or off the pickup cam...

.. DDWC, did you make sure you have the correct power valve? We need the info Bob/Pepsi asked for... plus brand name of carb... compression ratio of engine...  

Ken Quasney
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 11/16/17 03:29 PM

Had the same thing. .488 lift procomp heads and 750 cfm holley. thought it was the carb put another on it. Same thing. Pull the cap and the rotor was going open when flexed. Put new rotor on still would not idle under 1500 rpm's. put in a new distributor, Bingo everything was fine. Thanks for the heads up on this it really helped.  

TO TOP