Ad Radar
Item Posts    Sort Order

Question about a 1970 Camaro Yenko

l.c.r
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 05/27/09 04:46 PM

Two years ago I bought this 1970 Camaro Yenko. I knew the car when it was purchased brand new, in October of 1970. The car came with Yekon emblems on the back and stickers on the inside. It came with SB 350 4BM, a monsie 4 speed transmission, a 411posi traction rear end a set of 15 " American tork thrust wheels a short rear spoiler and a front spoiler, no PS, No AC, and some other high performace parts. Like qauges and a tach. My question is has any body out there every heard of a 1970 Camaro Yenko? I have heard it was the only one in 1970, but I would like some more information about the 70 model Yenkos. Ive tried researching on this but keep hitting dead ends so any information would be appreciated!! Keep in mind that I knew the vechile when it was purchased Brand new.  

55Guy
Administrator
Posted: 05/28/09 07:30 AM

As far as I know, there was never a '70 Yenko Camaro. Baldwin and Nickey had special cars, but not Yenko. Yenko did build the Yenko Deuce in '70, a Nova with LT-1 power.  

85_trans_am
I have an SS396 tatoo
Posted: 05/28/09 01:49 PM

No there wasn't a 70 Yenko. There were the famous three, the 67, 68, 69, Yenko's and the one that a lot of people don't know about which is the 81 Turbo Z Yenko, and that had a 350 turbo motor.

Sorry but unless you got it from Don Yenko Chevrolet, its not evey close to being a Yenko Camaro.  

l.c.r
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 05/30/09 07:13 PM

I know it seems rare. But While I lived over seas I was the neighbor to the man that had purchased the car from Luby Chevrolet in Floridia. He had it shipped over and I loved the car from the begining. And at the time I didnt know any thing about the Yenko. After I lived in the states for years went back to visit family and came across the car and was able to purchase it(from the original owner) and had it shipped back to the states.The original owner is having trouble locating the original paper work from when he purchased the car. I am trying to research it on my own since I know the story behind the car. Any one that is familiar with the 70 camaro optional production of a Yenko ...I'd like to talk to them!!  

85_trans_am
I have an SS396 tatoo
Posted: 06/05/09 02:55 PM

ok look, there is no 1970 Yenko camaro. The only place that you could get one was by special order from Yenko Chevrolet, 575 West Pike St., Canonsburg Pennsylvania. The reason being is that every Yenko that was ever made had something different about them. non were the same. And the only Yenko that was made in 1970 was the 70 "Deuce" Nova. So if your saying that you have a 2nd gen., 1970 Yenko camaro, originaly bought from luby cheverolet in florida then someone told a story to you. But to give you the benifit of the dought I would like to see the car and vin. Just post a pic on here so all can see.  

85_trans_am
I have an SS396 tatoo
Posted: 06/05/09 03:02 PM

fyi. ludy chevrolet is in lakewood co, look it up.  

TO TOP