Item Posts    Sort Order

who really street races?

1bad396SSchevelle
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 05/23/09 04:41 AM

yeah i know its illegal. and i hate it when you got 200 people following you just to spectate. thats how people get hurt, or busted. but i do infact like to get down. its a whole new ball game when your on the street rather than at the track. 700hp is easy to plant to a sticky prepped track, but who has actually tuned there car to race on a regular street. thank god for the 7AL. you can just press a button or two and BOOM, your ready to floorboard it on some truck route in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night. anyone else ever....?  
smoke em till they POP!

chevelle83
I have an SS396 tatoo
Posted: 05/23/09 08:19 PM

When I am out in my Chevelle I rarely let any one pass. And where I live (north GA.) there is plenty of places to go "see what she'll do" not that far away. I have yet to take the car and NOT!!! slam through the 4 speed and try to tear the hurst shifter out of the floor! What else is a 1970 Chevelle with a built 350 and 4 speed good for??? People tell me "you shouldnt drive it that much" I keep the tires hot every chance I get and never!! get tired if drivin it. Me and my car buddies line up when we get a chance ( In somewhat safe areas with minimal road hazards and cops of course) There is nothing like the smell of tire smoke and pulling away from it at 6000 RPMS in second gear(that is a grin that a tow truck couldnt pull off of your faceSmile  

1bad396SSchevelle
Posted: 05/23/09 11:23 PM

i know that grin. and yeah my buddies and i have all gotton together and beat the *** out our cars and eachother. givin headstarts and still puttin the whoopin down. tryin to make it even as possible at the finish line with 2 completely different kinds of cars and horsepower. its all fun.

but no, im talkin about or wonderin of anyone on here that reads through this *** if they went to a one of them parkin lots or where ever the meet up is and negotiated a race for an amout of cash that could get anyones heart racin. im from the chicagoland area. cook county actually. its hard to get a race off without a bunch of spectators and cops showin up. up by me there is a track called GREAT LAKES DRAGAWAY. they hold an event every month called the RSDs. (real street drags) they shut the clocks off, sometimes turn the tree off, and everyone with a pair pulls out there wallets. the thing is, its like $45 rediculous dollors just to get a car and driver in, let alone who you you brought with you that day. add that to price of race gas, diesel for the truck you used to pull your car to the track and home, food and drinks for a day at the track, chicago tolls w/trailer, and the long stupid line in the stage lanes because alot of people think its ok to bring there parents car and race it just cause, and not even put any money on the line. those idiots are the reason why you might get 2 passes in after all those expenses, the whole night. (while the clocks are shut off). i dont want people knowing how fast i just ran if im gonna bet im faster than they are.

thus why i like to get down on the street.

does anyone else here race a perfect stranger with another fast car, on the street, and put up cash? not just one of those go down the highways and bury the needle next somebody in another kind of sports car doing the same *** thats how people get killed.

meausure out 1320ft or two and a half tenths on your odometer. acclerate that distance and then slow the *** down. get one of your guys at the start line, one of your guys at the finish line, for both racers. thats all you need. right? thats how i like to roll. thats how i dont get cought. and if a cop does roll up, he tells us to get out of there, end of story. cause were not anymore than 10 people in a remote area just doin what we like to do. iv actually gotton the police to smoke tires and take off like a bat out of hell.  
smoke em till they POP!

chevelle83
I have an SS396 tatoo
Posted: 05/24/09 07:23 PM

WOW!! The cops down here dont even talk trash before they throw you in jail much less act crazy. We used to have the 1/4 marked on a remote road a couple of years ago, but the 5.0 is so bad these days and subdivisions poping up everywhere some body will call the cops on their (cellphone!!) and you and your buddies are caught.  

BBrocket442
Posted: 05/23/10 10:07 AM

street racing is probly one of my favorite past times, the best/worst memory ive had is pullin up at a stop light next to a half primer, half red, and a bunch of rust 80's s-10 that sounded like it was about to die completely. and the guy took one look at my camaro and shook his head, so naturally it went green and i mashed the gas and watched as the little crappy looking s-10 with a 383 stroker on a bottle and a tremec 6 spd walked away from me like it was cool, it was pretty cool actually even though i lost  

tuffnuff
Posted: 05/23/10 10:14 AM

It pays to be cautious when you pull up to a car,,, that sounds like a popcorn machine.
Smile  
When The Flag Drops.,.

tuffnuff

The Bull ***t Stops.,.
tuffnuff

P. Engineer, Engine Builder

blk8hrt
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 05/25/10 03:24 AM

ok...i am not gonna say i condone street racing or that i am against it. i will admit,i have layed out the cash,met at a secret location(that is always changed week to week), and been blown away or blasted past an oponent.my friends have been killed doing,and yes because they were not cautious about it and bragged to 1000 people to come watch...which is stupid! if ya gonna do it..beleive it or not...make a friend in the 5/0 bussiness!...it will help out in the long run.we have two that at certain times, will, lets say..turn off the radar for a bit.they are out there also...cops that are car guys,gear heads and tiresmpke junkies like us!i live right outside of nashville,tenn. and we have a few spots to go to,but we either make sure our "friends" know..or we tell NO-ONE but the ones paying to play. so,be careful out there and always remember.."LIVE FREE, DRIVE HARD!"  

TO TOP