Ad Radar
Item Posts    Sort Order

Late model frame for a 57

jakecr8n
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 04/21/09 06:58 PM

I have a 57 Chevy 210. I'm looking to put a late model frame under it but can't get a straight answer on what I can use. Rumor is, I can use a caprice frame. What year/years and how much work will it be to fit it? I know some of you are crying now and I'm sorry, but we all have our own ideas..right. Any help would be greatly appreciated     Cool  

55Guy
Administrator
Posted: 04/23/09 05:22 AM

You can use a Caprice frame, I've seen it done before.

But why? For the money and time you'd spend fitting that frame underneath your '57 and getting everything set up to handle, you could get aftermarket suspension stuff that'll bolt right on to your 210's frame, and offer you modern performance handling.

Is your frame rusted out, or does it have some other serious structural problem?  

jakecr8n
Posted: 04/23/09 06:53 PM

I believe the integrity of the frame has been compromised over the years by who knows how many people. Theres welds that make me think it's had a hard life thus far and I hate to put money into something that could fail sometime down the road and cause big problems. I just figured that a late model frame would have most of the goodies and cost a lot less. I just don't know Confused  

RichieCatSS
Posted: 04/26/09 02:58 PM

Hi, aren't there companies out there that make retrofit frames for your situation? If you have the time and space than adapt the Caprice frame.  

mvbroadbill
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 03/06/10 09:38 PM

If you think your frame is toast you could look on ebay I've seen some nice one piece frames. there the best frame for an alright price the two piece frames are not as strong then you could take your time set it up as you want and have one very smooth frame swap!  
Speed is just a question of money how fast do you want to go?

TO TOP