Item Posts    Sort Order

My 1st Project Car

MyFly82Camaro4Cyl
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 10/13/08 03:15 PM

I have alot of questions about this subject, so I'll try to keep it brief.

1) Where can I find dress up parts for the engine I currently have in it? (2.5L 4Cyl)

2) Should I paint the engine and block, or would I be smarter to chrome it out? ( I know, most people would rip that 4cyl out and drop a 6 or 8 cyl in it, but I was lucky enough to find a 3rd gen with the original engine in it and I want to restore it back to factory)

Can anyone help me with this? Plz feel free to respond directly to me at BigJohnInFla75@yahoo.com  

55Guy
Administrator
Posted: 10/14/08 06:33 AM

You've got a tough one there. While the 2.5L Iron Duke 4-cylinder is a good engine, in the Camaro it never really got any attention beyond the fact people freaked that the Camaro had a 4-cylinder.

You might try some of the circle track parts suppliers, the Iron Duke is very popular in four cylinder classes.

An idea I've had for a while, I always though it'd be interesting to yank the 2.5L motor and replace it with a blown/turbo Ecotec motor from a Cobalt SS, matchit to a good 5 or 6 speed, and make some good upgrades to the suspension and brakes. Keep the overall sedate look of a 4-cylinder Camaro, and blammo, you have an instant sleeper. Without the weight of an iron block motor, the car would be really light, you could tune the Ecotec to make great power, and have a really fun car.  

bobs78nova
Posted: 10/14/08 10:49 AM

Good to see someone saving a car that most think should be in the scrap.In my younger days I ran Chevettes,blew the doors or I-Roc Z with stock 87.Anyway you won't find to much for chrome dressup "for Chevettes".You can buy hose dressing,ss fasteners and depending on your budget small parts like thermostat housing,engine brackets,even valve covers can be chromed at a rechroming shop.Be nice to see it when its done.I'm currently working on 78 Nova,good luck on your project.  

Satish garhwal
Posted: 10/10/17 10:33 PM

You may attempt a portion of the circle track parts providers, the Iron Duke is exceptionally well known in four barrel classes.
We are the best web development company in india
A thought I've had for some time, I generally however it'd be intriguing to yank the 2.5L engine and supplant it with a blown/turbo Ecotec engine from a Cobalt SS, matchit to a decent 5 or 6 speed, and make some great moves up to the suspension and brakes. Keep the general calm look of a 4-chamber Camaro, and blammo, you have a moment sleeper. Without the heaviness of an iron piece engine, the auto would be truly light, you could tune the Ecotec to influence incredible to control, and have a ton of fun auto.  

TO TOP