Item Posts    Sort Order

'96 Impala SS Interior Lights

mrbisckit
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 02/09/08 10:29 AM

My interior lights won't turn off no mater what I do other than pull the fuse. I just recently scored a dimmer switch on EBay and have yet to put it in. But, I've started to think this may be due to the dimmer function of the interior lights. Is that controlled by a relay? If so, where is that relay? If it isn't a relay, where else should I look? I've already checked the door switches and even inside the door panels for anything shorting. Be advised, when this first started happening I could faintly smell smoke at the drivers door but could not locate the source. Please help.  

dorkside
Posted: 02/16/08 07:36 PM

I had a similar problem happen on my 96 Impala. It started with the interior lights not turning off. So I pulled the fuse. The I started getting a light show, while driving - interior lights flashing and a buzzing coming from under/behind the light controls. It turned out to be a green box that is the door chime/lights on alarm. It's really easy to pull it out and replace it. It costs about 35 bucks. Part number 10217146.
Let me know if this helped. Thanks,  

Supaswt
Posted: 09/07/15 09:07 AM

My 96 impala kept losing battery. The culprit was the ticking green chime box. I am having a hard time removing it. Help!  

Just Try It1
My first time was in a Chevy
Posted: 09/08/15 07:42 PM

would you like to know something..

you will really want the exact wiring diagram for that model.. and go thru it..

you could have several issues.. you could have a bad door switch.. a bad headlight/ courtesy lamp switch.. where ever that is..

you will want to look over at eautorepair dot net for wiring diagrams online.. or search online..

in looking at the courtesy light wiring.. the white wire from the door switches feeds the pin A11 on the buzzer..

the blue wire from the buzzer pin A10 feeds the interior lamp relay... if you just pull the interior lamp relay. you should solve your buzzing issue..

if you can find out which of the door switches is grounding or which one of the white wires from the door switches is shorted to ground you can solve your issue..  

karlox
Posted: 10/05/17 02:53 AM

Maybe one of the switches went bad.  

TO TOP