Item Posts    Sort Order

hot rods

draco587
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 10/21/07 05:31 PM

ok lets see some stories on hot rods  cars that real people have.
Not  30 or 40 thousand dollar cars that the guy never touched and
had everything including the detailing work done by someone else and just wrote a big fat check for it anybody can do that.lets see some cars that real people who work on them  are building and driving.sick of boyd ,chip foose and the mega boys with $100,000 to spend lets see what the kid next door has.  

chevygirl64
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 10/22/07 05:27 PM

Yes I agree Im tiered of seeing cars that people have spent thousands of dollars on.Iam interested in  stories of the average guy or gals (in my case).that have built their own hot rods.  

mvbroadbill
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 03/07/10 11:08 PM

There's no replacement for the lessons learned from doing it your self. I am proud or the face that I built mine myself over time with little money piece by piece! You come to appreciate it when you start from a junker mine had big chunks of floor gone basic lights no gas gage speedo temp nothing! seeing the change first hand part by part and making your car fit you thats the way it should be right? trial and error oh crap that did'nt work or wow this is great! If youve never had wires burn up or run out of gas cause you guessed wrong well your lucky but knowing how to fix it on the spot because you know your car is priceless lol!  
Speed is just a question of money how fast do you want to go?

redneckjoe69
Everything in my driveway’s a Chevy
Posted: 03/08/10 04:57 AM

GLAD IM NOT ALONE. MY BUILDS TAKE YEARS & A BUDGET. NOT 10 GUYS,10 DAYS, FOR 100,000. I HATE FOOSE BUILDS & WHEELS. THE LEST TIME I WENT TO A CAR SHOW, I NOTICED 2 CLASSES OF PEOPLE. THOSE WITH TONS OF MONEY, WHO HAD THERE CAR BUILT & THOSE WHO HAD A CAR FOR YEARS, DID ALL THE WORK THEMSELVES, KNEW IT IN & OUT. I NOTICE HOTRODING HAS CHANGED TOO. NOW ALL THESE YOUNG KIDS WANT NEON, BASS, & WHEELS THAT WOULD LOOK DUMB ON A MATCHBOX. NITROUS ON A 4 BANGER? WHY?  ANYWAY , I HOPE THE PRO-STREET LOOK COMES BACK. IN MY MIND IT NEVER DIED.  

gettnlarge01
Posted: 03/08/10 05:23 AM

+1 Joe, I like to talk to people at the shows just to get a feel for who paid for the work and those that done the work. Theres the people who "claim" to have done the work too. Those are the ones fun to mess with,,lol  
luck is when skill and opportunity meet

mvbroadbill
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 03/08/10 01:23 PM

what I like to see at shows is more young people with hot rods. I'm 30 and when I go to shows I seem to be one of the youngest guys out there I love seeing when the younger roders pop up to let every one know that some of the old ways are still being past down. The down side is the stupid kids that get there cars built for them and dont respect there car at all! If your a dad or mom who's gonna let your kid have a car like this make them biuld it them self and maybe they wont blow up or crash it cause no big deal dady will just give me another. Mad  
Speed is just a question of money how fast do you want to go?

gettnlarge01
Posted: 03/08/10 04:48 PM

+1  

redneckjoe69
Posted: 03/09/10 03:52 AM

as jackie gleason said in smokey and the bandit," what the hell is the world coming to ?".lol  

gettnlarge01
Posted: 03/10/10 06:39 PM

LOL  

TO TOP