Item Posts    Sort Order

Greetings... have ?

MSD96
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 03/29/13 04:49 AM

Hello. Been a subscriber since I found the mag in 06. Great tech stuff. Last year I purchesed my 1st genII car, a 96 CE 6spd Corvette. I've been pouring back thru the past issue's and have a question. Since the factory intake manifold -stock or modified- seems hard to beat, has anyone used an Inglese type of 8 stack EFI system on this tyoe of engine or is it even possible? Thanks in advance   Mike  

Scott Parker
Posted: 03/29/13 05:55 AM

Mike,

The bolt pattern is different from the SBC to the LT1, but it could be done. Many drag racers use single plane SBC intakes (check out this feature) with a 4brl or a sheet-metal elbow.

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com/features/ghtp_1108_1996_chevy_camaro/

If you were building the engine from the ground up, you can even use SBC heads and have them converted for reverse flow cooling (Gen II), so the intake bolt pattern matches. But this might be more costly in the long run, rather than just converting the intake. You'd have to check with a machine shop to be sure. If cost isn't a factor, then using SBC heads opens up a world of options. Thankfully there are plenty of good LT1 heads, though, so either way you go there is plenty of power to be made.

Best of luck,
Scott  

MSD96
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 03/29/13 06:12 AM

Scott. Thanks a lot man for the reply. Keep up the great work and don't forget us "ANTIQUE" car people. I'm moving up slow but sure as I had a 87 vette with tpi before this one with bolt-ons. One of these day's I'll see the light. Thanks again for everything.   Mike  

TO TOP