Item Posts    Sort Order

old,new subscriber

pepadoodle
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 01/07/13 08:10 PM

I just received my first issue of GM HIGHTECH PERFORMANCE,well my first in 7yrs. I let my subscription expire. Why I don't know. I do know I had forgotten how great this mag really is. I flipped through the pages to page 22 and saw the Grand National. I had one in the past. Then read all the articles on the LS engines. I just finished rebuilding the LS6 in my sons '06 trailblazer ss. I also totally agree with Scott Parker and his editorial. We all have to get involved to protect our rights. Looking forward to my next issue, Bob Leland  

pepsi1
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 01/07/13 09:42 PM

pepadoodle welcome back:

Bob:

Technology is changing so fast. You can buy a new electronic whatever. By the time you walked out of the store the technology changed...LOL...I feel the way you do. I have so many subsriptions I lost count. I get 11 publications each mo.
  I finally retired, and decided to do some reading. I wished I was born 20 later. Because where is the automobile going to be 20 years from now. In the last 10 years camshaft technology has changed so much. Being an engine builder its been a great joy to see my engines running up front. I've been at this hobby for 58 years.
  We have too much government this is the USA a lot of us fought for it's freedom, but these law makers and politictions only lie to us. We have to protect our rights, your absolutly right. But why this is the USA. I was sent an email that really summed it up. From one Bob to another have a good one.

Bob  

Scott Parker
Posted: 01/08/13 01:13 PM

Hi Bob,

Welcome back! A lot has changed in 7 years. I hope you enjoy GMHTP as much now as you did then.

Thanks,
Scott  

pepadoodle
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 01/18/13 05:21 PM

Bob sorry it took so long to get back to you, but you see I'm 61 years old and just trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. I have been an operating engineer the last 43 years, I run heavy equipment as well as repair it last July I fell off a ladder and broke my ankle and my heel. The doctor said I will probably never be able to return to my original work. So I am in the process of retiring.

I guess now it's time for me to become more political and voice my opinion, even if no one listens.I have loved cars and the internal combustion engine my whole life. I remember a day in 1967 when I skipped high school, and my father knew to call the speed shop I was  and tell me to get back to school. So you see Bob I guess it's always been in my blood.

In 1991 I read a book about HENRY MARTYN LELAND the master of precision, and found out he was a great or great great uncle. He invented the Cadillac and the Lincoln the latter which was stolen by Henry Ford. Which is why I can never own one, or any other Ford for that matter. Sorry to be so long-winded but that's my life in a nutshell thanks for listening.            Bob Leland  

pepsi1
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 01/29/13 06:15 PM

Bob Leland,
  I'm a Bob also. Back then we did skip grades. I finished High School at 16. Couldn't operate heavy machinery, but at 16.7 years the Marines took me. I wanted to be a Doctor all my life. Even as a little kid. You think the Marines would have said we can send you to the Navy. Put in your time there and then go to Med school on them.
  Anyway that never worked out. So I got a mechanical engineering degree. I'm 65 now. I did a lot in my lifetime. I didn't let life pass me by. If I could do it I did. The one thing I never tried was bungy jumping. This is a true story. I always believed there is a reason for certain things, and don't buck the system...
  My son in law (Daughter's Boyfriend at the Time) asked me if I wanted to try it. I said sign me up. That was April 1987. Him and I were going to jump off the Amsterdam Bridge in NY. The Bridge Spanned a river in Amsterdam NY. It was part of the NY state Thruway. Just outside Albany NY. A month before we were to go the bridge collapsed.
  I guess what I'm saying if you can do it, go do it. I don't have any complaints, but there were a few things I would like to changed. Maybe Next Time Around....

Bob  

TO TOP