Ad Radar
Item Posts    Sort Order

Comp Cam for L92 6.2L

Chevy6.2L
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 11/12/12 04:46 PM

Hello I am new to this forum and I am considering doing a cam swap on my 2009 Chevy Silverado 1500 with the L92 6.2L.  I have been researching the Comp Cams 189-402-13 or 401. Has anyone out there done this swap and if so what gains did you see? I currently have an Edge CTS Evolution programmer, AFE intake, and Corsa cat back exhaust.  The truck runs great with a lot of power but I'm looking to gain a little more; I also want to hear the idle of a nice cam emitting from the exhaust! I already expected to have to replace the valve springs but I keep getting mixed answers on having to change the push rods. I'm also seeing different answers on retaining the VVT or eliminating it; I personally feel that if GM put VVT on the motor it is probably for a good reason. One last thing, I know it would need to be tuned and I'm not to computer savvy, would I be able to have a tune created using my Edge programmer? I would appreciate some ideas.
Thanks  

Scott Parker
Posted: 11/13/12 12:23 PM

I'm not familiar with Edge, but I know you can upload a custom tune with DiabloSport and SCT programmers. You will definitely need a custom tune. Pick up a set of high-tech pushrods from Comp. Increasing the spring pressure can mean bending the stock pushrods.  

Chevy6.2L
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 11/13/12 02:21 PM

I believe Edge has the same capabilities as Diablo and SCT; I will probably need to contact Edge.  Thanks for your input, I'm sure changing the push rods would only be a benefit.  Thanks  

TO TOP