Ad Radar
Item Posts    Sort Order

preformance Buick v6

budro33
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 08/23/12 10:16 AM

Hello everyone My name is Luis I recently purchased an 82 toyota pickup that has a preformance buick v6 in it. The problem that I am running into is im not quite sure what size the engine really is. I located a casting number on the back of the block above the transmission in the bell housing area (#1254088) but i cant seem to find any other numbers im thinking i might have to pull the valve covers to find the head casting number but im not sure. If anyone has any other ideas or info that would help, it would be greatly appreciated thank you for your time.  

pepsi1
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 08/23/12 08:14 PM

Luis see if you can  Grin  Cool Google that number.  

pepsi1
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 08/29/12 05:20 PM

Luis, did you ever find that P/N? I finally have cleared some of my work, and I'll tell you I can't find it in my old books.

Do pull the valve covers and see if both of those numbers are the same. I have seen engines with 2 different P/N's on the heads. But the HiPo cast iron heads different numbers doesn't necessarily mean there was a problem, but there are P/N's that are the same for that style cylinder head...  

boofer228
Posted: 10/03/12 07:59 AM

Buick only made 2 performance v6 engines, turbo and supercharged. Turbo was rear wheel mounted, supercharged for front wheel drives, both are the venerable 3.8l, 231cid now commonly called the 3800 series. There are normally aspirated versions too, but same displacement but from the late 80's if I recall correctly, does that help at all?  

boofer228
Posted: 10/03/12 08:04 AM

The n/a version was typically used for racing. I drive a grand prix Gtp, supercharged 3.8L, v6, known as the L67, performance Buick motor, even tho it is in a Pontiac from pontiac's factory. Look up 3.8L Buick in Wikipedia, they give a complete history of Buick motors, and you'll be quite surprised that that motor has a history that rivals the Chevy 350!  

TO TOP