Ad Radar
Item Posts    Sort Order

LT1 coil pack ignition

Red2N
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 07/27/12 11:24 AM

Scott,
  My engine builder,may god rest his soul, had a rather interesting set up on his 93 z28. consisting of a 2 cylinder per coil ignition system. He told me that it was off of a buick roadmaster. I had only seen such a thing on v6 fourth gen camaros. What sucks the most about his death is I didn't get to learn much of anythign from him, and my engine is still strown about his shop. Thats why I've been more annoying lately with the questions...and why I've been having to buy new parts. I have learned over my short years here on earth which battles to fight and his family for the most part are good ppl...but there are some not so good ppl in it. He also has some really good connections.but thats another conversaton for antoher time..... my main point im getting at is not to knock on efi connection but there are some really crafty individuals out here who know their way around ignition systems and it's issues.  

Red2N
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 07/27/12 03:27 PM

to answer my own question...i did some diggin and found delteq. a company that sells plug and play LT1 opti spark solutions via northstar v8 ignition systems. they are less exspensive than efi connection's solution but still uses the opti's crank sensor function. just a little fun fact  

Scott Parker
Posted: 08/02/12 09:22 AM

We've covered the Delteq setup, which you can probably find on this site. I previously had the LTCC setup, which used LS1 coils with the stock LT1 computer, and is also less expensive. We reused this ignition system on our Dirty Bird project.  

Red2N
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 08/06/12 10:15 AM

Where would I find the LTCC setup? I've searched and the guy who made thesystem seems to have fallen off the face of the earth...as far as the Delteq setup, do you remember whetheror not it went in a chevy or pontiac? So I will know how to query my search.  

TO TOP