Item Posts    Sort Order

What car do you want to see in the future at GM High Magazine?

dougg01
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 02/28/08 09:35 AM

New here, but boy do I have an opinion about the mag's content in past couple of years.

I preface my comments with that I've either been a newstand grabber or subscriber since the days of Hi-Tech Performance and GM wasn't the sole focus (or LSx as it is now).

Yeah, I said it.  LSx is the mags only focus.  Aside from the ongoing saga of the T-type and the formula that couldn't (not far from having the same success as the grape) everything is basically Y or F-car LSx based.  There are features on LS2 GTOs and even some build up, but with numbers low these are actually represented more than LTx-based equipment or 3rd-gen stuff.

Now I ll say that its true that its hard to beat an LSx anything that works right.  It is what GM is still producing, but not putting it in any RWD thing the good side of $50k.  The aftermarket is booming for this stuff too.  However, lest we forget those that came before and that the aftermarket hasn't forgot about...?

GMHTP hasn't been offiically renamed 'latest GMHTP' and it's also not going to be named 'Legacy GMHTP'.  If I remember right the credo was to pay homage to GM EFI performance and not just what GM wants you to tout.

That might mean a LTx aftermarket head comparo (lots of choices these days), a cobalt down and dirty budget drag build up, or maybe a mid-90s S-10 L98 swap with some cool new tricks.

I can face the fact that the LSx f-body is the bread and butter, but that constant barage of content for stuff a lot of us can't afford (though we look at it fondly) doesn't help those of us without such and we are a large audience of readers.

Features on a mega-buck LT1 running 8s, a Syclone running lo-9s, or repeated articles of unobtainable, over $100K f-car editions doesn't feed us.  They're nice to have occasionally, but unrealistic for constant fodder.

The article of John Ryan's Pinks car was great, except it was branded budget and wasn't unless your definition of budget has the bulk of your reader's budgets down the scale at almost free.  You have to count the cost of donated parts and services because the average car folks don't swing those deals.

Get real again.  More real cars that are really driven in autox (more than once a year), drags, cruises, and back & forth to work in places where the weather isn't always pretty.

I know you guys can do it.  You have before.  I dare you to put a 305 TPI third-gen on the cover and brag about breaking into the 12s on a Wal-Mart stocker's budget without having to steal stuff.

No, I double dare you....!!!  

02ws602wrx
Posted: 03/11/08 11:32 PM

cars that would be nice would be most anything from the ss lineup, cobalt, malibu, impala, monte carlo, I also don't just meant the brand new ones either still waiting to see a 80's monte with a nice 502 ramjet under the hood been a subscriber for a while (8) years and still haven't seen one.  
02ws6 12.3@109 02wrx 13.659@100.88

turbotommy0
Posted: 03/12/08 09:02 PM

How about featuring the 2003  cts-b vs the 09cts-v Tell how gm still dont have it right HA HA, see the cts-b video on youtube .type in , whats my ET .and see if you can guss how fast the caddy runs .Thanks to rich christin, from pinks ,and speed channel . Smirk  

paxtonpwr
Posted: 03/13/08 08:56 AM

I would like to see more fuel injected variety. How about a 69 Camaro BBC fuel injected, blown and made 1080+ RWHP on PUMP gas. A nice example of NJ GM high tech performance. If you are interested it can come up to Etown Wed. with one the cars coming for your rental already. Wink  
ALL OUT AUTOMOTIVE
Tony's Metal Crafts
9.29@151 w/1.49 60ft

T/S 10.0 winner 2007,2008
top mph 2008 real street road tour  paxtonpwr

RedWS6Rick
Posted: 03/19/08 11:07 AM

I've been a subscriber since the end of '01 and I currently own an '86 GN, '98 GTP and an '02 WS6 Trans Am. Love the magazine! How about a build up on one of the cars below, just for something different to read..

Supercharged/Turbocharged Cobalt SS/ ION RedLine
Trailblazer SS
Solstice GXP/Sky Redline
'89-'90 Turbo GP
LS4 powered FWDer..
etc..

Or do a budget buildup story where you guys try to find a GM EFI performance car for $3-$5k and modify it with just bolt ons and such? Similar to "The Grape" series, but keep it open to other than an LT1 f-body.. This way people on a budget can identify with it, instead of all of the high dollar cars that you guys regularly feature..

How about a feature on the ZZP GTP? There's a HUGE following still for those cars, so you might want to start running some features on those while you're at it to try to pick up a few new readers... Just a thought.  Wink  
2002 Trans Am WS6
1986 Grand National

Vegasmikek
Posted: 03/19/08 05:57 PM

The TBSS!!!!They represent a huge market niche and already have a large following,their ls2 powered.  

TTAmoneypit
Posted: 03/25/08 04:54 AM

do a story on my TTA  bring a trailer because you'll need to rebuild the motor if you wanna drive it Grin  

no-nos
Posted: 03/25/08 07:35 PM

Turbo buicks,   i love them , and they look so mean.  

Clark6
Posted: 04/23/08 07:42 PM

Id like to see the best DOT drag radial shoot out on the same car same rpm leaving, watching 60 fts, same tire psi, on the same vehicle or maybe 2 vehicles switching tires you decide, same tune, 1,8th mile. Smile

id like to see one though.m/t  bfg  hoosier  m&h etc.  

7camaro7
Posted: 04/24/08 10:19 PM

MINE!  
http://www.fquick.com/garages/viewvehicle.php?id=8666

7camaro7
Posted: 04/25/08 05:20 PM

I would also like to see how the G8 is running against the competition.  remember the one where you had the z06 vs gallardo vs f430?  Do that but with the G8.  
http://www.fquick.com/garages/viewvehicle.php?id=8666

380ss
Posted: 04/26/08 10:44 AM

I would like to see an LS1 camaro vs. a C5 or C4 in an SCCA type shoot out.  The Camaro's never get to run against the Vette's, but I'm betting they can hang with the right suspension setups.  

HUSEMO30
Posted: 04/27/08 12:11 PM

hOW BOUT A STORY ON THE 2009 CHEVY SILVERADO SS??  

z28boss
Posted: 04/29/08 10:44 PM

third gen all the way performance build on the 350 tpi because it is so hard to find performance parts for these cars besides the basic bolt ons talk about like turbo or supercharger for some high horsepower i am sure i am not the only one who feels this way please consider  

midiman1962
Posted: 06/06/08 03:37 PM

My 2005 blown GTO running 7.5psi at 600hp  

TO TOP