123 Last
Item Posts    Sort Order

What car do you want to see in the future at GM High Magazine?

Lewisk
My first time was in a Chevy
Posted: 11/30/07 01:40 PM

That E85 is becoming quite popular!  

TTOP350
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 12/05/07 05:16 PM

My 89 formula ??? Anyone, Anyone?  Cool
In the last few months I have put a wet sump LS7 (with cam and headers into a Caddy CTSV, a Magnusn blower heads cam headers in a Escalade.Plus lots of other cool stuff. Anyone of these would be great features.  

TTOP350
Posted: 12/05/07 05:18 PM

P.S. I forgot to say that we are in the middle of going E85 on the Escalade Grin  

mpayne
I have an SS396 tatoo
Posted: 12/21/07 01:29 PM

Cool look forward on seeing that.  

jayce94
Posted: 12/21/07 03:00 PM

LT-1 F-Bodies  

G8GT
Posted: 12/26/07 02:50 PM

I agree - some builds to exploit the 106 octane of E85 would be nice.

I'd like to see more on the CTS-V. People really have trouble getting them into the 10's. I think there was a nice article on one a while back but not much detail given on the magic differential.

The G8 has a lot of potential - can we leverage what the Aussies are doing with the Commodore VE? They have already dropped in an LS7 and another group is selling a twin turbo kit. And explain this LS engine they are using - it seems like Frankenstein's LS from all the different bits it leverages.

How about some tweaks to the Super? For FWD it is quite a sleeper. It is not quite a GN but a 150 mph Buick seems like a reasonable place to start. There just do not seem to be many tweaks available for the 5.3 - can you work some magic?  

NiteWolf1110
Posted: 12/29/07 02:59 PM

how about some love for the sy/ty guys.  a hot street/strip ty would be pretty cool to see, maybe update it to current perfomance standards.  maybe a reliable 10.5 or so on the strip  

williamt2
Posted: 01/02/08 05:57 PM

How about Solstice GXP.
              Good Luck and God Bless, Bill Ivins  

GeorgiaSS
Posted: 01/03/08 08:43 PM

How about the Trailblazer SS. My wife's run's low 14's stock with me driving. They are powered by the LS2 so there should be alot of go fast goodies to make it even faster.
Ed1 1  

LS2BMW
Posted: 01/05/08 08:15 PM

I own a number of GM EFI vehicles and we all know GM produces some of the best engines ever made, why not do a yearly issue on GM EFI Swaps into non-GM vehicles?

We all know there are many LSX Powered RX7's, Mustang's, and Kit Cars. I'm currently working on an LS2/6-Speed powered BMW 5-Series that I plan on Supercharging as well in the future.

Also, how about ECOTEC build ups? With all the performance parts in GM's catalog there has to be some interest in building some high powered 4 bangers, right?

Either way, I love the magazine, keep up the great work.  

sscavy
Posted: 01/10/08 02:21 AM

I do not know how much poop I may get for this, or even if you have done this before or would even consider it...  But Aren't Saab's GM vehicles?  It is GM high tech performance... what about showing a viggen with some mods or maybe a nice 9-3 vector.  Those vehicles can make some insane power with just a tune!

I'd also love to see a modded Solstice GXP, Saturn Sky redline or even a Pontiac G6 GXP.  I have not seen anything on 60deg. performance before in the mags but then again I dont think those engines are 60 deg's anymore.  

2000S10turbo
Posted: 01/10/08 12:05 PM

I know that I will probably be killed for this, what about the Colorado or Canyon, I would love to see some people step up and do something for the I4 or the I5...

I think with the gas prices uprising; that we need some more 4-cylinder performance shown

you guys may laugh, but what I really would like shown is one of the most under rated motors that I have seen, this motor is is plagued by bad history by people who do not take care of this motor...

The motor I am talking about is the 2.2L OHV motor out of the 94-03 Chevrolet S-10... I would love to see someone step up and show everyone what these motors are actually capable of...

sorry for the rantings; I am done now...  

fastback79
Posted: 01/11/08 08:25 PM

I would like to see the new Malibu LTZ. 260 hp in a family sedan is a cool idea. I can't drive my vette year round therefore I need an exciting daily driver.  

nitrostreet57
Posted: 02/09/08 04:54 PM

I don't know about cars, but I would like to see Aftermarket ECM shootouts where you have maybe a motor on a dyno where you can fine tune an ECM, then put it (The ECM) in a car with an identical motor that you can road/drag/mpg/E85 test and answer questions for us like “Does the $5000 ECM really outperform the $500 ECM?, does it make any difference in mileage? What features did you like/dislike about it? How easy is it to use? And go on from there. You’ve got a countless number of companies making ECMS like: Accel DFI, F.A.S.T., EFI Technologies, BIG STUFF 3, MSD, MegaSquirt, you’d never run out of ECM’s to test.
 Believe it or not I feel that there are some out here (me, for instance) who don’t read your magazine for the latest cars or goings-on at GM, but just what is the latest in electronic hardware that I can apply to my older cars. (Like my street driven 8 second ’57 Chevy; 350 Tuned Port Cavalier RWD; 1929 Chevy pickup with a GMC Blown 350; to name a few.
 I think that running stories like the above might appeal to an audience even beyond the GM audience, and added plus.
 Pat  

mjbell1
Posted: 02/27/08 09:38 PM

Seeing a truck once in a while would be great.
As most technology and tuning can be used by both.
mjbell1  
"Blacky" 2005 Chevrolet Silverado
Extended Cab V6 4.3L, MSD 6A Ignition,
Coil, Cap, Rotor, 8.5mm Wires, K&N Cold
Air Package, CFM Tech. 78mm Bored,
Ported, Polished, Throttle Body,
Flowmaster Cat-Back Dual Exhausts,
Thermostat 180 Degree, Fuel pressure guage.

123 Last
TO TOP