Ad Radar
Item Posts    Sort Order

Autocross brake pads

Wyattg1
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 07/31/13 10:03 AM

I have a 87 C4 that I want to autocross. What brake pads do most of the autocrossed C4 use.

I know Hawk has performance pads for autoX but I have heard others say they use NAPA and Advance lifetime guaranteed pads and just get new ones free when those wear out.

That's why I come here to get the real answer.  Confused  

waynep712222
My first time was in a Chevy
Posted: 07/31/13 12:18 PM

there are a bunch of different brake pads from different suppliers..  

waynep712222
My first time was in a Chevy
Posted: 07/31/13 12:27 PM

please be sure to take a torque wrench with you .. and know the exact torque setting for your model...

Boltstretchexample

Stretchedbolt2

you don't want this happening to the wheel studs .. please examine while you have your wheels off...

if the wheel studs are stretched.. you will want to replace them NOW... its not hard to perform..

only needing to strip the calipers and rotors off on C4 models. knock the studs out with a hammer..  slip the new stud in from the backside..  stick some greased flat washers over the threaded area.. place a conventional lug nut on with the flat side toward the washers.. and tighten the lug nut. this will pull the knurled area of the stud into the wheel hub..  i grease the threads of the stud when i do this also..  

Wyattg1
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 07/31/13 12:59 PM

Thanks Wayne for the link and reply. I have already looked at different brands.

What I am trying to find out is what the racers on this forum use on their cars for autox. I know track cars use  a different pad than autox drivers do. Autox doesn't get the high end race pads hot enough to perform well.  

TO TOP