Item Posts    Sort Order

Remote

mabolzich
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 05/30/13 05:08 PM

Can any of you guys recommend a remote door lock opener that I can't install on my 1986 Corvette?  

waynep712222
My first time was in a Chevy
Posted: 05/30/13 06:39 PM

there are A LOT of different products that will work... to drive your remote door locks..

best it to talk to your local car stereo or car alarm shop.

if you lived in los angeles.. i would say google central ave and 11th street 90021.. there are dozens of electronics stores near there... some with P A speakers.. some with car audio... some with TVs and home stereos..  i have have lots of friends go to several of the stores there to buy car alarms there... almost all with door lock and unlock... some with raise the windows and lock the door... oh yea... get out .. close the door... and the windows go up and the car locks... what a  PAIN to work on.. you have to leave the door open or you cannot get to the ignition .

if you decide to purchase a car alarm system... do your self a favor...  buy 2... one to get installed in the car... and a second to sit in a zip lock bag on the shelf... i have had so many people wear out the key fobs...  go looking for replacements only to find there are not any more of that model.. and you have to change the harness and alarm box also... where if you have a second one... just unplug the main box and switch with the new box from storage...  as long as the key fobs are not stored with batteries in them...

some of the places at that wholesale district have online sites... do a search nearby for car audio or electronics...

in addition there are about 40 car and truck magazines on this site.. including a bunch of import and low rider magazines.. i would almost bet they have some car alarm articles... but i have not looked..  

mabolzich
Posted: 05/31/13 09:16 AM

Unfortunately I don't live in LA, but I appreciate the information.  

waynep712222
My first time was in a Chevy
Posted: 05/31/13 04:38 PM

well.. since you don't live near here. and there are so many people who do live here...  you should see the traffic.. the freeway and if you include the  off ramps next to my place are actually 14 lanes wide.  and some hours a day.. its grid lock for hours at a time...

try this link... there are 3 different alarm setups... each with different features...  just to let you know what some of the options are.. i am not trying to sell you something..  only helping let you know what's available..

http://www.absoluteusa.com/mobile-electronics/category/alarms.html

wayne...  

mabolzich
Posted: 06/01/13 07:46 AM

I have a sister there and I've had the pleasure of negotiating your"freeways"'  Thanks for the info.  

TO TOP