Item Posts    Sort Order

1957 chevrolet corvette POWER GLIDE transmission

chevellessx454
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 09/26/13 08:25 AM

I NEED THE PLATE THAT BOLTS THE POWERGLIDE TORQUE CONVERTER TO THE CRANKSHAFT,CAN ANYBODY HELP,my torque converter has the flex plate teeth ring welded to the outside edge, I think I have seen something similar to what I need on 97-04 corvettes it is called a torque converter drive plate, Thanks Bobby  

waynep712222
My first time was in a Chevy
Posted: 09/26/13 02:19 PM

try fatsco transmission parts..

or transmatic transmission parts in glendale ca..  

chevellessx454
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 09/27/13 06:04 AM

my torque converter has the flex plate teeth welded to it on the outer edge, the torque converter and flex plate are one,I HAVE SEEN THE PLATE I think I need on 97-04 corvettes it is called a torque converter drive plate, Thanks Bobby  

pepsi1
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 10/06/13 04:31 PM

Is your starter solenoid exposed? By that I mean when you just tap the key, do you see the mechanical solenoid move in and out! If it does that type starter bolts to the Bell Housing. The 4 speed transmissions had them.
  They are hard to find and even harder to get someone to weld the ring gear on it and balance it.
  Have you tried year one. Go to the older classic site too. there maybe some guys out there that can help you. Try Speedway, I don't know if honest Charlie's can help you, but you need to network.
  I had a similar set up on an old 327 I purchased back in the '60's. Good luck...

Bob

"NO RICE BURNERS ALLOWED"  

TO TOP