Item Posts    Sort Order

module 4 data missing when accessing vehicle codes via OBDII/OBDI...?

chunkyjaa
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 09/10/13 07:44 AM

I have a Acton CP9135 OBDII (about 9 or 10 yrs old) does not talk to the vette. Do you know specifically what if any Harbor freight cheapies talk obd 1/1.5 ?  

waynep712222
My first time was in a Chevy
Posted: 09/10/13 07:05 PM

the only one i have used is the 98614.. that is almost identical. to this one.. except the newer one does OBD2 anti lock brakes also...

http://www.harborfreight.com/can-obd-ii-scan-tool-with-abs-60794.html

i put up this post for the OBD 1 cars...

but the monitor extended versions will work. if you have the proper cartridges.. and cables..

the OTC genesys will also work.. again with the proper cartridiges..

the OTC 3499N will work for sure.. but its just under 500 bucks... i have not looked for a used one yet...

the snap on versions will work.. one thing.. snap on had a trade in/up for their newest scan tools to control the market..  the techs got the newest almost 10 grand scan tool.. and it does not display live data on OBD1 cars and trucks. just codes...

thats almost as good as the electronic data supplier salesman coming in and offering their computer data system.. and the will free up all that space those manuals are taking up..   first time you need info for an 82 or earlier.. you will be kicking your self.. as its NOT there..  they may have fixed that..

electronic info also requires you to PAY each month..

my friend has a serious repair shop... he has the newest wingdings...   i ask him for ONE page of print out one time.. he handed me 3/4 inch of paper.. and still did not find the info i needed..

oh... i forgot to post the link..

http://forums.corvettefever.com/70/8585187/c4-corvettes/which-used-scan-tools-for-82-to-94-corvettes-with/  

waynep712222
Posted: 09/10/13 07:14 PM

but.. I DON'T know if the 60794 will work with OBD1.5 in a 95...

tell you what.. take a one or two week subscription to eautorepair dot net..

download everything you can...

or buy a complete factory service manual..

i ran across this ... its what a live data stream looks like..

seems to be at 82 MPH.. it looks like it might be up in the air... as the injector pulse width is only at 3.1 Milliseconds.. i would expect pushing that kind of speeds that the injector pulse width would be wider...

C4livedata Zps55c828b7  

waynep712222
Posted: 09/10/13 07:16 PM

this is kinda what you might be seeing also..

Scandatagm  

waynep712222
Posted: 09/10/13 07:17 PM

bet you wish i fit on airplanes..  

chunkyjaa
Posted: 09/11/13 12:28 PM

I bought a harborFreight 60694, the successor to the one you showed. Won't link, but works great on my Venza. Lots of soot on left side rear panel. Bet I've got a O2 sensor issue here. Going to see if I can get to it. sensors not expensive, blood shed changing them is. Also tried using the A/C controls as you suggested to access codes.. no go again  

waynep712222
Posted: 09/11/13 04:46 PM

oh.... sorry.. HF will accept it back if you really want to..

soot...

check fuel pressure..

must be 38/39 PSI...  engine off key on.. should come up almost instantly..  and should not drop below about 20 pounds off...

could be the coolant temp sensor.. AZ SU102 kit..

when it fails.. the computer thinks it -20F.. twenty below zero...

there is a way to check that fairly easily..

do you own a digital volt meter.?? i think you bought one.. but i don't recall.. i have 4 corvette threads running on 3 different forums and a others...

could be the oxygen sensor/  you can see the sensor voltage sweeps with a digital volt meter.. 0.1 to 0.9 volts.. and you can pull a vacuum hose off to check.. see if it swings in one direction.. give the throttle a kick goes in the other..  

waynep712222
Posted: 09/11/13 04:51 PM

by the way... where do you live at????

i can scope out the craigs  and perhaps spot you something that might work...  

chunkyjaa
Posted: 09/12/13 03:51 AM

Tampa...HF will take back less 20%. Prob keep it for when my other car goes south  

chunkyjaa
Posted: 09/12/13 02:14 PM

Changed the left o2 sensor. No sys lights, fans behave normally. Car runs well. The sensor was totally shot, yet no codes, no nothing. Still think that somethings weird with the ECM, Oh well I'm done till the next time

Thank you everybody for all your suggestions and help. Good group  

TO TOP