Item Posts    Sort Order

60 for 60 Corvette Rev-Off on June 30th! Make it a country wide event?

Xtreme67
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 03/27/13 07:06 PM

I'm hoping to get the word out on an event we're planning here in Southern Nevada we're calling "60 for 60", a celebration consisting of a car show/display, food, trivia, and general gearhead good times with the highlight being a Rev-Off of all Corvettes present to celebrate the 60th Anniversary of the first production Corvettes to roll off the assembly line.

While we're looking forward to a great celebration here in Vegas, what I'm hoping to generate is a nationwide event where Corvette owners all over the country gather to celebrate their mutual passion for Corvettes... then at precisely 12 Noon Pacific Standard Time we all fire up the motors and make some joyful engine noise.

So if you're in a club... put something together in your home town. If you're not in a club, maybe look one up and see if they're doing the event. Or hey, no saying you can't just go into your garage at Noon PST, open a beverage and fire up your Vette for 60 seconds. Your neighbors won't mind... I'm sure they've heard it before!

Anyway, I hope you'll participate, and if you do, maybe post a video on Youtube at 60 for 60 Corvette Rev-Off. I'll be posting a promo video soon.

Let's go make some noise!

Skip Kelley
President@VegasVettes.com
600 218505892  

Xtreme67
Posted: 04/19/13 10:18 AM

Here's a link to a promo the LVCA and I did at a Pre-Tech gathering:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_YFQPmqSdc

It's looking like it'll be a big event here in Vegas, and I'm told plans are in the works in SoCal and other locations. I hope you'll put something together in YOUR town!

Thanks,

Skip  

Xtreme67
Posted: 06/30/13 05:56 AM

Off to the Rev-Off here in Las Vegas. So what are YOU and YOUR club doing at Noon today?

Don't forget to post your "60 for 60 Corvette Anniversary Rev-Off" videos on YouTube when it's over! Looking forward to seeing them!

Skip 1003978 534857143218185 1543255509 N  

TO TOP