Item Posts    Sort Order

Anybody interested in flush mount glass for midyear corvette

vettedream
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 09/28/11 04:39 AM

Hi not sure if this is the correct place to post so if you feel it would be better in a different forum feel free to move the post. I am in the process of building a 64 corvette coupe and would like to install flush front and rear glass. There is a company (www.classicautoglassinnovations.com/) that already makes it for some other models but not the corvette. I spoke with the owner Robert Jackson and he is very interested in expanding his line to the corvette. You can view the pictures of his flush mount kits on the web site in the first gen camaro it is a real nice look. The best part is there are no body modifications required so this system can be installled and if you wanted to go back to stock you can re-install your stock glass and trim mouldings at any time. The problem is the cost of the tooling to make a new line is expensive and he needs a donor car/body for a couple of weeks to template. The kits run from $2000.00-$3000.00. I am trying to see how much interest there is and who would commit to this then we could get him to proceed with production. Pm me if this is something that you would be seriously interested in and we can try to put a deal together with Robert.  

fastrash
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 02/09/12 07:55 PM

Not sure if you got anymore interest in this, but I would be interested in flush mount glass - great idea.  

TO TOP