Item Posts    Sort Order

Need help with 1967 Corvette Engine

BigDog945
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 09/22/11 05:21 PM

I have a 1967 Corvette that I want to put a ZZ4, 385 fast burn enginge in.  Has any one out there ever done this?  I need to know if there is clearence from the carburator to the hood.  

waynep7122
I mow my lawn and find Chevys
Posted: 09/22/11 10:45 PM

i am having a little trouble  identifying the exact intake manifold that comes with that motor...

Fast Burn 385 Turnkey

the fast burn 385 intake looks a little tall...  do you have a totally flat hood???

there are other options with shorter intakes..

perhaps other brands of intakes..    your corvette should already have an air filter that drops down around the carb...

sorry i have not swapped one of these.. i just did not want the question to go unanswered ..

there are manifold measurements usually available.. from the top flat area of the block to the carb mounting height..  so you can calculate the hood/carb clearance..

this forum has been really slow lately... there may be a proper answer coming..

if you can post the intake number you have currently...  i can try to find the height on that . so you can compare the heights when either you or i find the ZZ intake info...  

BigDog945
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 09/23/11 06:15 PM

Thanks for the input.  I don't have an intake number but I would appreciate any info you can send.  I will keep trying to find a number.  Thanks again.  

TO TOP