Item Posts    Sort Order

Connector Clip for 1967 Bulkhead

socal67
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 01/23/11 06:13 PM

Hi All-

I was trying to re-connect the wiring harness back onto to the top bulkhead (located on the firewall just above the battery) last night and broke the white (plastic) clip clean off both the top and bottom. I have searched all of the big OEM distributors but have been unable to locate the clips themselves. Only the full wiring harness and the bulkhead repair kit that goes on the firewall. Does anyone have any suggestions??? My hope is that I can buy a new (or salvaged) clip and individually re-attach all of the wires back into the new clip. Does anyone know if (A) Anyone makes new clips or (B) have a good used/salvage contact that may be able to help out?

Any help is greatly appreciated!! I am not sure if it matters for the bulkhead but the car is a '67 427/390hp with A/C, power steering.

Best regards,

Scott  

waynep7122
I mow my lawn and find Chevys
Posted: 01/23/11 08:25 PM

its the square device that holds the fuse block into the firewall right...

something like this i saw on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/1963-1967-Corvette-Wiring-Harness-Connector/dp/B000FLGMQ0

1963-1967 Corvette Wiring Harness Bulk Head Connector

Product Specifications

Brand: Chevrolet
Manufacturer Part Number: 662097

Product Description
Repair kit. Corvette Central #: 662097 Car years: 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1967  

socal67
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 01/24/11 09:16 PM

Hi Wayne-

Its actually the clips that would connect to that bulkhead. Its a white/clear clip where the wires terminate into...  

waynep7122
Posted: 01/25/11 01:56 AM

wow.... i see what you mean...

its the middle of the night.. the connector type you are looking for is a twin lock ...   NOT a series 56... which the later versions were...

twin lock had the same terminal on both sides... and slipped into each other..

the 56 series on later versions used a blade on one side.. a female on the other side...

i have found a lot of the crimp terminals for the twin lock.. but not the left and right 8 terminal connector  bodies that plug into the fuse box...

i am sure they are available. as the replacement harnesses are available..

there does seem to be a problem as described in removing the terminals without damage as there are 2 places to push at the same time to retract the latches to allow them out of the bodies..  

waynep7122
Posted: 01/25/11 02:00 AM

i have a napa catalog with about 500 pages to flip through...

you might want to contact corvette central...

or one of the other GM restoration parts suppliers about just the twin lock 8 pin bodies to plug into the fuse block...  

TO TOP