Item Posts    Sort Order

Driver power seat creeps forward.

mackerman
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 09/27/10 12:18 PM

Has anyone had a problem with the power seat creeping forward when driving?  It seems to happen most frequently under acceleration but sometimes it even happens while sitting at a light.  The problem started by creeping occasionally, one inch at a time but has now progressed to the point where it will push me all the way forward in a matter of a few seconds.  

waynep7122
I mow my lawn and find Chevys
Posted: 09/27/10 09:38 PM

well finally someone who is not spamming a passport...    but now... your seat is trying to put the squeeze on you.... just be glad they don't have the james bond ejection seat option...

until somebody else answers...

the switch might be failing...   i don't have a manual on the C6...     exactly what year...    and those seats are probably hooked to a location sensor.. so the computer can tell where the seat is... for various programmed drivers..   it might be thinking the seat is slipping backwards... so the positioning computer keeps moving it forward....

this is going to take a service manual...

or online subscription to repair info...   eautorepair.net   or alldatadiy.com

for full trouble shooting instructions on the seats... you will probably need a scan tool also....

hopefully somebody will come along and give you more info...

i will check around...

oh...   one question..  a bit more humor... does this only happen when you wear a bright red corvette  shirt...  so the car thinks you are just a big ketchup packet...   sorry.. for the humor..  

mackerman
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 09/28/10 11:00 AM

Shirt color doesn't matter as my car never discriminates against condiments!

It is an '05 model.  I'm hoping that this isn't going to result in a dealer visit but it is not looking good.  

waynep7122
I mow my lawn and find Chevys
Posted: 09/28/10 05:50 PM

this is a great offsite thread that might have a fix....

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-tech/2405403-power-seat-trouble-look-here-for-fix.html

if you look closely at the second picture you will see tiny red circles around the solder joints that go bad...

there is also discussion about the ignition switch failing... this does happen..  there are multiple contacts inside the switch. and its built with nice big silver contacts... but the contacts are not wiping type... so the carbon will cause the contacts to not make proper contact sometimes... causing various items to not work all the time..

there was more discussion about loose connectors... wiggling them will sometimes stop the seat from doing its own thing..  

TO TOP