Item Posts    Sort Order

What suspension does my c5 have?

CplYanni
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 10/10/10 07:35 AM

I have a 1998 c5 corvette. It has the ride control knob tour, sport, performance. But I heard ride control didn't come out until 2003?  

waynep7122
I mow my lawn and find Chevys
Posted: 10/10/10 07:45 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Corvette_(fifth_generation-C5)

Suspension choices for the base model C5 were limited to the standard suspension (RPO FE1), with options for either the autocross-inspired FE3 Sport Suspension (included with the Z51 Performance & Handling Package and standard on the 1999-2000 FRC); or the F45 Selective Ride Control Suspension, which permitted "on-the-fly" driver selection of different ride characteristics (sport or touring). Late in the production run (starting with the 2003 model year), the F55 Magnetic Selective Ride Control Suspension replaced the F45 as the third suspension choice. The racing-inspired FE4 suspension used for the Z06 is stiffer again than any offered on the base model C5, and is unique to that model with no optional suspensions offered.  

CplYanni
Posted: 10/10/10 02:21 PM

I checked my glove box and all i could find is FE1 so I guess FE1 is some short of base model ride control? If I was to replace the shocks I could use any shock or what kind of shock requirements are there.  

CplYanni
Posted: 10/10/10 02:21 PM

I checked my glove box and all i could find is FE1 so I guess FE1 is some short of base model ride control? If I was to replace the shocks I could use any shock or what kind of shock requirements are there.  

TO TOP