Item Posts    Sort Order

Thinking of Buying Used C6. Anything to Look Out For?

Edward A. Sanchez
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 01/26/10 01:02 PM

Hi All. I'm considering buying a used C6. Probably a 2006-2008 automatic. From most of the research I've done, they're pretty reliable and trouble-free. But I'd like to hear from some owners in terms of their ownership experience, and if there are any quirks or issues to keep an eye out for, and especially items to look for when buying a used model. Thanks in advance.  

cbobgo
Posted: 02/26/10 02:25 PM

Just bought a 2007 model from a private party in January 2010.  The weather here in Ohio has been terrible, so I have left it in the garage most of the time.  I only have taken it out on dry road days.  The battery has done dead on me after letting it set for 6 days.  I hear this is very common. The service that jumped me told me to buy a "float Charger".  So I did and it has been plugged in for 4 days since the battery went dead.  I tried to start it today and it is dead again.  It's upsetting to think this is going to be the life with this car.  I guess I'll have to buy a battery charger and just keep it in the car with me.  Any thoughts from others?  Trickle charger? Battery Tender?  

RZ2006C6
Posted: 04/01/10 05:03 AM

Your 2007, is it a manual or auto trans?  If manual, when you turn off the engine, the trans needs to be in reverse.  If not placed in reversed, from what I was told, the computer remains "on" causing your battery to drain.  

If it is auto, I don't know what to tell you.  Good luck.  

zorascar
Posted: 06/13/10 08:37 AM

Buy a nice restored 1966-67 instead. The classic wont depreciate and if you want A/C have Vintage Air installed. At least you can trouble shoot it and work on it if necessary.  Grin  

RPM_Motors_Inc
Posted: 09/19/10 03:41 PM

Pretty much all the years are good. Have your local dealer do a VIN search or use a Carfax type service to look up the history on any potential purchase.  

TO TOP