Item Posts    Sort Order

2000 corvette convertable,replace glue in back window.

mhancockh
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 07/02/09 06:12 AM

I would like to have any information on how to re glue the back window in my corvette,it just came loose,and any information on the glue that is used,part numbers,etc.thanks  

waynep712
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 07/04/09 09:19 PM

i keep looking at this post.. and wondering.. glass back window... sewn into the top.????    glued on????  

there are dozens of different glues.. that might work...  the problem is.. how are you going to press it into place while the glue sets...  so it does not get lumpy...

is your top still tight... so the window clear area could be taped off with low tack tape... completely..    and the top taped off...      all this done after a good cleaning..    take it to a glass shop..   put the top part way down.. just enough to loosen the fabric around the rear glass...    have them squirt in some of their 2 part window adhesive...  then close the top again.. so the fabric is tight.. have several people inside pushing on the glass..  and more people on the outside flattening the top down against the glass...      removing the tape at the proper time... so the glue has started to set... but not totally hardened...  so you can get the tape off..  judgement when to carefully pull it off..  perhaps building a chunk of plywood  with some kind of adjustable poles... with a thick piece of foam to push evenly against the inside of the glass...  

mhancockh
Posted: 07/07/09 02:46 AM

yes it is a glue in back window,and thanks for the reply,i will give it a try,one glass shop wanted to replace the top.  

theworld
Posted: 07/07/09 08:35 AM

just found this on AutoWeek site check it out http://issuu.com/autoweek/docs/vettdigitaledition  

TO TOP