Item Posts    Sort Order

Automatic vs Manual

bhohmann
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 12/17/08 05:05 PM

I've just spent several hours behind the wheel of a C5 with manual transmission and found that it was difficult to enjoy the "sensation" of the car because of the focus on maintaining the proper gear in a variety of weather related circumstances!!!  I'm thinking I might just opt for an automatic and enjoy the drive!  Any thoughts?
BH  

hankb
Posted: 12/22/08 09:20 AM

I have an 07 automatic with paddle shifters. It's the best of both worlds. When I want to get on it I simply shift into sport mode then use the paddle shifters to run through the gears.  

ovrpar6
Posted: 06/23/09 02:26 PM

I have had both so it really depends on what your looking for and how you plan on driving it. Currently I have an '02 vert. with 4 speed automatic. I love it but I have to say there are times I wish I had the manual, buts thats when I'm not in rush hour bumper to bumper traffic!

Also, my mech says with caution, tou can manually shift the auto but don't get up past 4 or 5 grand tops and don't downshift going 50mph let the auto tran do that!

Have FUN buy the auto!  

QS03NY
Posted: 03/16/11 04:52 PM

I love rowing the MN12 in my Z06, and would only prefer an automatic if I lived in an extremely hilly city. It certainly falls under the old "to each his own".  

PYKO
Posted: 04/08/11 04:22 PM

Buy the auto shifting gets old  

TO TOP