Ad Radar
Item Posts    Sort Order

Power seat problems

kjribar
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 07/24/08 07:59 AM

I recently bought a 04 vet "as is" only to discover the lumbar controls in the drivers seat do not work. They try to inflate, but do not.
What is the problem? Do I have to replace the whole seat, the motors, or is it just a fuse?  

tombenford
Posted: 07/28/08 12:26 PM

Hmmm - sounds to me by the way you say "they try to inflate but do not" that you have an AIR LEAK. Disassemble the seat bolster and check to see if you have a hole in the lumbar bladder or in the hose  -- or perhaps the hose just got disconnected from the bladder. As I said, this definitely sounds like an air leak problem.

Tom Benford
Corvette Fever
C5/C6 Solutions Columnist  

tgoldenvoy
Posted: 07/29/08 02:11 PM

i too have a problem with the lumbar switch on a 98 Corvette.  the forward, up, down and tilt switch works fine, but the lumbar support buttons do not even make a sound when moved...unfortunately the lumbar is stuck bulging out.  is there a separate fuse for the lumbar supports? any suggestions considering part of the power seat works and the lumbar does not?  trying to minimize cost to fix...many thanks.  

kjribar
Posted: 07/30/08 12:53 PM

Tom, Thanks so much for the reply. Can you point me in a direction where I can get some instructions to disassemble the seat bolster? My husband works on cars all the time so if could get a start then perhaps we can solve it ourselves. Thanks again for your reply.

Thrilled with my 'new' vette,
kjribar  

texinmiC5
Posted: 07/30/08 07:49 PM

Icon Quotetgoldenvoy:
i too have a problem with the lumbar switch on a 98 Corvette.  the forward, up, down and tilt switch works fine, but the lumbar support buttons do not even make a sound when moved...unfortunately the lumbar is stuck bulging out.  is there a separate fuse for the lumbar supports? any suggestions considering part of the power seat works and the lumbar does not?  trying to minimize cost to fix...many thanks.

Absolutely there is a fuse. Get the owners manual out and look at the fuse specs in the back and find the fuse for lumbar function of the seats. If it is a fuse, both Lumbar will not work and the passenger seat will be bad too. It is in the fuse panel behind the kickplate on the passenger side up under the dash in the area where your feet are. Good luck. I hope that is your problem. Easy fix and fuses are cheap.  

tgoldenvoy
Posted: 08/03/08 04:50 AM

thanks for the tip.  the passenger side lumbar does work, so unless there is a separate fuse for the drivers side lumbar then it probably is something more costly.  i will check the manual...thanks again!  

orange09ragtop
Posted: 01/10/10 09:38 PM

Icon Quotekjribar:
I recently bought a 04 vet "as is" only to discover the lumbar controls in the drivers seat do not work. They try to inflate, but do not.
What is the problem? Do I have to replace the whole seat, the motors, or is it just a fuse?

I had a new '04 convertible. Check this out..."the seat would start moving while in gear and driving"!!!!! The dealership could never replicate it. (to find problem) It only did this once in blue moon....say once every 3-4 months the 'lil gremlin would come out....The day I sold the car, everything worked and it had 72k on it (5 yrs daily driver). Other than that, it WAS a VERY reliable Vette...one of the best in my book. I hope my '09 does as well. (its not a daily driver).  Wink  

TO TOP