Item Posts    Sort Order

Gas Smell

agolden274
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 07/04/08 07:29 PM

I read the very interesting piece regarding the fuel tank neck cracking on the 04 C5s. I had the same problem, took it to the dealer and got a bill for $2,500 bucks. When I contacted GM, they acted like this was something that never happens and the dealer, Weir Canyon Chevrolet, told GM it looked like road damage. How do you road damage on the top of the tank. Does anyone know  more about this and if GM is doing anything to compensate us. $2,500 could have purchased a lot of other things for my car. If you know of anything, please feel free to email me at agolden274@aol, subject line Gas Smell.  

jdena
Posted: 10/16/09 11:24 AM

just happened on my 04 c5,have 11000 miles on it.dealer said happens a lot,gm to pay half of repair bill,think this is a factory defect and they should be paying all of it.  

MickeybFL
Posted: 07/23/13 01:27 PM

I know this reply is several years after the fact but there was a recall issued around 9/2010 for certain serial numbered '04 Corvettes with gas leaks.  Customers where issued full refunds for previous repairs excluding fuel.  I repaired one in August, 10 and customer came back a couple of days after the repair with the recall notice.  I got the same treatment from Chevy parts store that no one knew anything about the problem when in fact NHTSB had an open investigation at the time.  A new tank on the left side solved the problem.  Felt sorry for the guy and gave a break on the labor.  Last time I do that. Frown  

TO TOP