Ad Radar
Item Posts    Sort Order

HUD

garyus62
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 04/17/08 06:22 PM

Can the HUD on a C5 be adjusted.  The HUD on my 2003 C5 works however the display is too low to see and will not raise high enough on the windshied.  Can this be fixed. Thanks  

stevejohnson
Posted: 09/10/08 04:41 PM

These days we can remodel our own HUD and it will be cleared from all troubles. You can contact the manufacturer or the Service person who are experience in this segment.
===========================================
steve
Foreclosed Homes  

tombenford
Posted: 10/30/08 07:50 AM

The hud projector console can be shimmed, to elevate it or change the angle, but it requires removal of the entire dash, which is a bit involved and should not be necessary. The problem you're describing here is unique, since I've never heard of anyone else having a problem like this. Do you know if this car was ever involved in a crash or the dash/hud was removed at any point? Generally the range of adjustment provided by the control switch is sufficient to give you a clear line of sight on the windshield. If you decide to shim the projector, be sure to get yourself the C5 shop manuals for dash removal procedures or refer the job to a qualified service center.  

Vette.mix
Posted: 06/16/09 01:22 PM

I got to thinking about your problem. I installed a HUD 2 weekends ago and know how it’s held in. I would stick my fingers into the hole in the bevel and see if the projector is lose, a nut may have worked itself lose on the 3rd leg of the projector. I do not go to this forum much so you can email me at mspano57@yahoo.com if you like. BTW it’s not that difficult to remove the dash, even a shade tree mechanic can R+R it in 4 hours with instructions that I could email to you. Also I do have a complete HUD unit for sale if anyone is interested (email me at address above)  

TO TOP