Ad Radar
Item Posts    Sort Order

FX3 Control Module disable

Scott A.
I love my Chevy Chevette!
Posted: 10/15/06 01:41 PM

Hello!
I am new to the Corvette world with my purchase of a 91 Corvette Convertible.
I would like to replace the FX3 shocks with regular shocks, the car has 90 thousand miles on it. How do I disable the FX3 system, will it cause any problems? Where is the module located? Any helpful hints?  
Thanks! Scott  

presidential
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 10/16/06 08:02 AM

From what I understand, it is tied into the ABS system so I am not sure what it would do to the rest of the system if it is gone.  I've read around on some autocrossing boards and allegedly the FX3 setup is a hot ticket for handling.  You might want to consider keeping it and replacing the shocks.  
Craig

Scott A.
Posted: 10/16/06 04:49 PM

Thanks for the information.  I had also read about the FX3 being tied into the ABS, may need to re-think.  Appreciate the reply, Scott  

presidential
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 10/17/06 08:47 AM

No problemo.  
Craig

Viscount
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 10/25/06 01:57 PM

The module is located, I believe, in the storage compartment behind the drivers seat.

The ABS is also located there. I have an article from C/F relating to a 92 vette that states you can disconnect the connector, located on the bulkhead in the compartment without effecting any other systems. As I recall it's about the size of a pack of cigarettes & has approx 25 pins or so. I'll see if I can find the article & pass it on.  

presidential
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 10/26/06 09:20 AM

For an official word, I'm emailing Mr. Petris.  I'm pretty darn curious now and he'll be able to tell me exactly what's what.  
Craig

Viscount
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 11/20/06 02:33 PM

The article I referred to is by Chris Petris. Shocked  

presidential
V-6 Camaros rule!
Posted: 11/21/06 08:24 AM

Time to email him again...thanks for the reminder. Smile  
Craig

Airwolf.Mike
Posted: 10/25/13 02:48 PM

To all When you disconnect the SRC module behind the drivers seat, 0n 1992 , it does take the light out. Only concern is if you have aZR1, and it will degrade your performance.

I need  help finding a diagnostic tree for my 1992, so i can determine if it needs a module, anyone?
I have no codes, and the light stays on!
Capt.Z rebuilt my actuators and they were broken, the light is still on, he sent me a diagnostic  tree for a 1991 and it tells me to replace the module, but I am  not sure if it is correct for 1992. Anyone have access to a 1992 electronic diagnostic manual?  So I may be looking for one if anyone might have a E4-xa2-Z001 A06  22114171,
Looking for some help!

OUT HERE!  

wayne712222
My first time was in a Chevy
Posted: 10/25/13 08:39 PM

the best deal on the net for repair info is

http://www.eautorepair.net

its mitchells on demand info for consumers..
http://www.alldatadiy.com is another professional info site for consumers..

there are also places that sell factory service manuals..

http://www.faxonautoliterature.com/1992-Corvette-Repair-Shop-Manual-Original-P14280.aspx

and a few places that actually have some of the training manuals..

www.lwta.net/photos/Corvette C4 ABS-ASR Operation and Diagnosis Manual.pdf

this should take care of you...

let me know if you need more...

antilocks and anti skid are not something i live and breathe..  like i do engine controls..  

wayne712222
My first time was in a Chevy
Posted: 10/25/13 08:49 PM

i think the last link is what you are really going to need.. and thankfully.. its low cost.. so cheep . you might say its free...  

Airwolf.Mike
Posted: 10/28/13 04:53 PM

Scott! The first thing is that you are now a CORVETTE Owner congradulations! Great Car. I have a 1992 conv, LT1 6spd, and love it!

Just remem,ber, a couple things about a C4`s, they are a great Corvette, performance, handling, and if you need to, you can still fix most of the stuff yourself, with maybe a little help from Corvette Fever, and your  CORVETTE Friends!

If you can get the FX3 system operational you will like it. If you deside to disable it, disconnecting SRC control module will kill the light.

OUT HERE!  

Airwolf.Mike
Posted: 11/03/13 06:01 PM

Thanks for links, I was able to get the ABS info, but still in search of a1992 diagnostics for the SRC, not included in the ABS stuff. I still need a diagnostic tree for the system to see if I need a Module, really don`t want to by the book if I don`t need to!

Thanks Again really appreciate it!

OUT HERE! Wolfman  

TO TOP